Saturday, March 21, 2015

3/19/15 Ace of Swords and Nine of Coins reversed

Today I am going back to my Legacy of the Divine cards.  The Legacy Tarot is a favorite of mine for doing readings for others.  The cards I threw today are the Ace of Swords and the Nine of Coins reversed. 

The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts; it offers the power to analyze that is necessary in order to make good choices, to determine personal truth, and in order to react correctly to events in our day.   This card is about intellectual potential, and it is about that feeling that occurs when lightning strikes and a new idea is formed.  If we are lucky, the ideas presented by this card just might last through to manifestation.

The Legacy Ace of Swords shows bald eagles soaring around a Sword, point facing downward (ownership), with the insignia of Air on the hilt.  Thoughts can go anywhere, and the workings of the mind and the intellect can be noble and far-seeing.  These are things to remember today.

The Nine of Coins (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline. 

The Legacy Nine of Coins makes me think of The Empress, and in a lot of ways this card in an upright position can be seen as a Minor Arcana version of The Empress.  The Legacy card also hints at seeing these accomplishments through rose-colored glasses.  Affluence and comfort allow us to spend time focusing inward, true; and that ability to shut out the world and focus inward might not be possible without affluence and comfort. 

But since this Nine is reversed, perhaps I am being told that an obsession with setting up the resources necessary to look within might be counterproductive.  Today I should not worry about being able to please the senses.  Those kinds of resources are huge distractions to me today.  Instead, I need to use the power of my mind (and the strength of Will, carefully honed) to keep me on the straight and narrow

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment