Saturday, March 28, 2015

3/28/15 Two of Pentacles reversed, The Empress reversed

Today I will use the Llewellyn Welsh Tarot.  I was drawn to the beautiful, dream-like images on this deck, and have only used it for my own readings.  Today, I threw the Two of Pentacles reversed, and The Empress reversed. 

The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced.  Change is what allows stability to be functional, and I should keep that in mind.  I should also remember that surviving this kind of dynamic balance can only happen if I am aware on many levels.

The image on the Llewellyn Welsh Two of Pentacles shows a person able to focus on his task despite many, many physical world distractions.  The sky is heavy with dark clouds, the waves are capped with foam and appear to be ready to sweep over the pier on which our figure is standing.  The sails of the ships sailing on the stormy sea are filled with wind.  And yet, the figure stands in Tree Pose, juggling two Pentacles with skill.  Because my card is reversed, attempting to juggle with all these distractions might end with my embarrassment.  Woops!  Dropped both Pentacles and the waves swept them away!

The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress, who is the mother of form, tells of creative intelligence; she reveals the concepts guarded by The High Priestess, and she encourages me to immerse myself in the manifestations of the physical world. 

The dominant color on the Llewellyn Welsh Empress is green, and that is the color we are all looking for as we wait for Spring to finally arrive.  Because my Empress is reversed, there may not be obvious pleasures to be had in my natural surroundings.  But like my Pentacles card, this Earth card is in my spread, even if it is reversed.  The pleasures and fertility of my Empress are available, just not easily attained.

Both of these cards make sense to me today.  I’ve been sluggish since I got up this morning, despite sipping my third cup of French roast.  But I am attempting to not allow this lethargy to hold me back.  I’ve already been for a nice walk, and plan on going on another later this afternoon.  I’ve done a bit of Tai Chi, and will do my Yin/Flow Yoga practice later today.  Yeah, I may be dragging my butt around, but I am attempting to turn these cards upright.  I will, however, heed the warning and keep alert.  I don’t want to fall on my face out there.  If I can go to bed with a sense of accomplishment, I will deem the day a success. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment