Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3/18/15 Six of Disks reversed and Five of Wands reversed

I’m feeling the urge to pick um my Thoth Tarot (let’s be honest, my deck has been yelling and screaming and stamping its feet because it feels ignored!), so that’s the deck I’m using today.  My cards are the Six of Disks (“Success”) reversed and the Five of Wands (“Strive”) reversed.  LOL, are my cards still having a tantrum?  Let’s interpret, and see.

The Six of Disks (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Taurus, “I have,” Sensual, cautious, stubborn) brings an awareness of resources to the situation, both those that I have and those that I don’t have, in both the upright and reversed position. This card shows us what happens when we don’t let the apparent failure of the Five of Disks hold us back.

Crowley sees the Six of Disks as a card of balance, and while that balance is fertile, it is also temporary.  The Thoth Six of Disks offers a brief reward for our efforts, and a glimpse of a possible end result that will bring success.  My card is reversed today, and while I do need to remember that resources are important, it is more important to remember that those resources are not the be-all and end-all of the project. 

The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) in an upright position indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes, or this discomfort could be caused by growing pains. The traditional image on this card makes me laugh, and makes me remember setting up a tent in order to camp.  LOL, talk about cross-purposes!

The Thoth Five of Wands shows ten flames separated by Wands.  DuQuette describes this one as “a picture of hot, pressurized magma struggling to reach the surface of the volcano, but frustrated by the sheer weight of the mountain itself.”  That makes sense, in a unique “Uncle Al” way. 

Things can get done, and done in a beneficial way, without any resources at all, so I can’t allow myself to become too dependent on the resources.  This is the lesson that all mages need to learn once they accumulate their personal tools.  Don’t become dependent on them!  I also need to remember that growth involves discomfort as well as euphoria, and it involves the overcoming of inertia.  This last concept could be the message of both of my cards today.  Struggling against insurmountable odds, even if I fail, is a good way to add to my strength and focus.


$>

No comments:

Post a Comment