Thursday, March 12, 2015

3/11/15 Ten of Coins and The Magician

So the time has come to make a change.  At least for the foreseeable future, my life is busy enough that I just don’t have the time to continue blogging about my card throws as they are occurring now.  I have a choice: either change the way I do this blog, or stop blogging entirely.  I have chosen to change things. 

From this day forward, I will be throwing two cards from one deck.  The cards will be described individually and then interpreted together.  I will also indicate which deck I am using.  Right now, I am using my Llewellyn Welsh Tarot, my Thoth Tarot, and my Legacy of the Divine Tarot.  But I have many other lovely decks, both Tarot and Oracle, and I would love to work with them all.  So each day that I blog, I will choose a deck and then throw two cards, one from the top of the deck (representing my conscious day) and one from the bottom of my deck (representing my subconscious day). 

Today, I have chosen to use my Llewellyn Welsh Tarot, and the two cards I threw are the Ten of Pentacles and The Magician.  Ooooh, nice start!

The Ten of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position represents physical world wealth and bounty, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  The Llewellyn Welsh Ten of Pentacles mentions freedom from financial worries, and protection and stability found within a clan or family.  Today there should be material security in my life, and perhaps the ability to be happy with my accomplishments of late. 

The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility).  The Magician works hard to perfect his abilities, to make use of those abilities in unexpected ways, and to focus and carry through to the end of a task (which is pretty important to him).  He also understands the eternal nature of his efforts, mainly because of the polarized nature of the elements he works with.  This card is personally significant to me; the skills of The Magician were gifted to me after a particulary harrowing experience, so having this card appear is empowering.  Because this card represents represents the deliberate and conscious manifestation of tangible knowledge (and the ability to control that manifestation), he is reminding me of the skills I have worked so very hard to perfect, and he is encouraging me to use them by thinking out of the box.

These two cards tell me that today is going to be about the physical world.  I should be able to find the resources I need, and make use of them in a productive way.  Perhaps things might appear more basic on the surface, but underneath all the physical world manifestations, my mind will be working too.  The bounty being predicted by the Ten of Pentacles will act as an encouragement, urging me to make use of the skills I’ve perfected in order to move to new levels of accomplishment.  The only danger here is the urge to be too cocky, but hopefully I will be grounded enough to resist that.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment