Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Hermit/Justice reversed. The Hermit, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), is about searching within for a deeper meaning.  The messages offered and lessons to be learned today are not about an outer connection; instead my quest should lead me towards the silent and non-physical world of the inner realms. Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed), and is about cause and effect.  My Justice card is reversed, so it is validating the message of The Hermit.  Today is not about doing, it is not about worrying about my worldly responsibilities.  Not that I should shirk them, by any means, but I should be thinking more about how I feel as I perform them.

My Thoth card is The Aeon (Judgement).  Oh boy, don’t usually get Majors with my Thoth deck. Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and it usually tells of an opportunity to validate the good stuff and get rid of the stuff I don’t need any more.  This is a great card to have on New Years Eve, and I should try to take advantage of its energies.  This is the day before a new start, and so I should think about what I want to bring forward, and what can be disposed of.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by the Nine of Coins. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) is a card of interference and restriction completely manifested; another interesting card for this day that tells of endings of a sort.  Granted, as of right now I may have trouble seeing those endings because wallowing in the discomforts of the moment might be very tempting. The Nine of Coins (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is a card of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline.  It is reminding me to hang in there and get the difficult tasks completed, so that I can enjoy some leisure time later with the knowledge that everything has been taken care of.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of experience or manifestation.  Perfect for New Years Eve!

My horoscopes: “You're always intellectually curious, but today you might be especially so. Although you're usually idealistic, today your imagination is in full swing. You might want to try writing or painting. It will be better to go with fiction or impressionism than history or realism. Study of spiritual or esoteric subjects is likely to clear a path between intellect and intuition.”

And: “Even though you seem relatively content with your career, you are ready for some sort of change in your life. The time is ripe for you to consider joining a group of some sort. Why not join your local book club? Or, if you're more inclined toward activity, sign up for the ski team at work or get involved with the local running club. There are a lot of diversions that can occupy your mind as well your body. The real upside is that you are likely to make some wonderful new friends.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  The Pages are all young, and among other things, they bring to us a reminder to tap into our Inner Child, or Younger Self.  This Page is reminding me that the physical world not only brings delights to the senses, but opportunities to grow.  The spark of new creation is offered to my by this Page today; I have only to urge it to burst into transforming flames.

The Pagan Brain Trust had our “five-faces” get-together on Thursday evening.  The Boy is here from California, and all five of us sat around the Sacred Table to share ourselves, to eat some good food, and have a great dessert.  We won’t all be in the same room for a little bit of time, and the memories of this wonderful evening will hold me until the next time we can all meet together.  We all talked of the future, and shared a bit of optimism.

I am in Cape May for the first time in several weeks, and I am soaking up every bit of it.  I began my morning by walking on the beach.  Beautiful!!  The sun was shining; it was high tide but the waves were gentle, sparkling under the light of the sun.  The sky was blue, with a few fluffy fair weather clouds meandering by.  And the shoreline was loaded with rocks.  Piles of them!  I had to discipline myself to cover some ground, or I would have ended up sitting there going through all the pretties. 

I spent this afternoon grading First Degree homework submissions.  This just might be the last batch for me, because beginning tomorrow, I will “graduate” to reviewing Second Degree homework submissions.  I am very excited about this change!  I will miss my First Degree students, but I am looking forward to the new challenge of working with these more advanced students and their homeworks. 

We are going across the street tonight to celebrate the new year with much loved friends.  Lots of good food, good champagne, and good conversations.

Happy New Year!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment