Sunday, December 18, 2011

Five of Wands/The Empress reversed. The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical), indicates a struggle caused by cross purposes.  Now, these are not earth-shattering, merely annoyances.  And they most likely will be coming from my own mind, from the jumble of thoughts there that are all striving to distract me.  But they will have an effect on my day.  The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is reversed for me today, and this validates that my natural inclination will be to withdraw in order to ponder the chaos in my own mind, rather than focusing outward towards the sensual delights and grounding influence of the natural world.  Er, might be a mistake to allow this to happen.  Ya think?

My Thoth card is the Prince of Cups. The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) feels things strongly, and is a dreamer.  The upright Prince is good at hiding his feelings, according to Crowley, so who knows what lurks within?  Feelings, emotions, and the urge to help or heal or support may be quite strong for me today.  My charm may be blinding to others today, so I need to aim for a bit of balance lest I chase people away.

My Legacy card is Temperance, flavored by The Chariot reversed. Temperance connects with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and it is one of the Major Arcana cards that presents the concept of dynamic balance.  LOL, sounds like I need this one today.  The thing that Temperance teaches us is that while experiencing extremes can sometimes be difficult, we can never know true balance unless we have become familiar with the extremes that are ingredients in that balance. The Chariot corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), and the reversed version of this card is flavoring Temperance today.  Interesting that we have the fence flavoring the tent post; form flavoring support.  In an upright position, this card tells of having the emotional control necessary to steer myself in order to arrive at a specific place.  This is a card that presents another type of balance of extremes; the difference between the two is that Temperance is more of an “in place” card, while The Chariot in an upright position is going somewhere.  Since it is reversed, its flavor is supporting Temperance.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of movement that dispels stagnation.

My horoscopes: “Your efficient, practical abilities are operating at a very high level today. A long-term goal you've been working toward could finally be reached, bringing good fortune and acknowledgment. Your efforts will probably be appreciated. Major advancement could be in the works.”

And: “Issues may get a little heavier than you would perhaps like today. Your job is to infuse some amusement into the situation. Your powers of adaptability will be put to the test, as other people seem to be completely fixed on their opinions. Be extra conscious of how you use your words as other people, especially superiors or elders, are apt to get offended by careless offhand remarks.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Strength.  Nice progression from yesterday’s Shadowscapes Insight card, The Chariot.  The Shadowscapes Companion says this is “. . . a strength that does not need to shout of its power to the world but sways and bows to the wind, then springs gracefully forward again . . . .”  Need I say any more??

What an incredible evening I had last night.  I attended the second annual Solstice Salon at the home of the Wayne Contingency of the Pagan Brain Trust.  Besides actually having all five of the PBT members, with all of our varied specialties, in one room, face to face (one of our members lives in California, so this does not happen often; we have monthly New Moon Reiki Shares online, so we do keep connected), we had an “Elder” Shaman who has travelled to Peru and partaken in Ayahuasca with the local Shamans, an ayurvedic expert who is also a Reiki Master and Bach Essences Master, among other practices, a practicing Celtic Shaman, two other Yoga teachers, one who brought her boyfriend (who has attended Burning Man), and one who also teaches meditation, and a Starbucks barista who works with Curly and is also one of my belly dance students.  Did I forget anyone?  If I did, I apologize. 

I think our conversations touched on everything that is, ever was and ever will happen to humans.  Everyone shared experiences, and we laughed and cried and encouraged each other.  Slowly but surely, one by one, everyone went home until just the core five were left, and like last year, we cozied up on the couch and talked some more.  It was 3:27 am when I finally got into my car to go home.

Tonight, we have a more conventional holiday party with friends.  LOL, will I survive until New Year’s Eve??!!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment