Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Strength/Eight of Swords reversed.  The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) tells of emotional endurance and control, rather than physical endurance and control.  The Strength card reminds me that I can survive any setbacks if I remain patient, calm and focused.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) in an upright position tells of confusion and restriction, often occurring purely because of bad luck.  My Eight of Swords is reversed, which offers a nice flavor of ability to make and successfully execute plans to the Strength card.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Swords reversed, again.  “Interference” is Crowley’s keyword for this one.  He feels the card indicates a situation where I am being too good natured, too easy; thus the normal cutting edge of the suit of Swords is dulled.  Because my card is reversed, when the unexpected interferences crop up today, I should be able to handle them in the end, any interference will be conquered.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by The Wheel reversed.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) is a card of interference and restriction completely manifested.  This card tells me that to some extent my mind may feel powerless to achieve logical solutions today.  The good news is that this should be the worst that things get.  The Wheel of Fortune (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured)), tells of destiny and fate and their ebbs and flows, and their effects on our lives, and it is flavoring my Ten of Swords in a reversed position.  I am being reminded that sometimes there is nothing I can do to make things manifest as I desire because outside influences not under my control are more powerful than my own intentions.  But this does not mean I should feel sorry for myself!!  No sitting on the “pity potty” today!

My Pearls of Wisdom Solstice card is the Seven of Wands.  Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish), is another very significant card for me in its own right.  This is a card of assertion, of taking the offensive or aggressively firing the first shot; it is also about having control of my emotions, of relying on my own judgment to overcome the obstacles of the day.  Not too much aggression!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the conscious response to the beginning of degeneration which is the number 7, in order to maintain the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “You may experience an emotional climax today. Things could come to a head. Don't be surprised if you run into some serious opposition. Disperse your energy freely, but don't be surprised if other people try to pull you in the opposite direction. Flexibility is a key aspect for you. Free yourself from restraints and improvise.”

And: “Some great news could come to you today via phone, fax, or e-mail. It could turn your life momentarily upside down, but you'll find it very exciting. New neighbors could move in, and you could spend some time getting acquainted with them. Much of your day could be spent seeking out information in a field that interests you. Expect a busy day, but remember to take time out to rest occasionally. A walk at night might also be a good idea.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding **gulp** The Tower.  Okay, lots of repeat cards lately.  The Shadowscapes Companion describes this card as “A necessary disruption to the status quo – violent and explosive upheaval as the only way to break through the long established patterns.”  It is painful to acknowledge, but sometimes the only way fantasies can be shattered is when they are slapped upside the head by the hand of reality.  Ouch!

Today I am celebrating the Winter Solstice of Yule.  The actual moment of the Solstice itself is 5:30 am tomorrow morning, December 22nd, but because my Coven is celebrating the Sabbat today, and particularly because I am leading both the afternoon and evening rituals, I am choosing to celebrate while the energies of the Solstice are still waxing.

This morning, I got out of bed at dawn.  The skies were overcast, but I celebrated the birth of the Sun God as the birds began to chirp, and then began preparing for my day. 

My recent journey through The Emerald Tablet has added depth and texture to my personal understanding of the nature of Deity.  I will add that depth and texture today into my own creation myth.

The Source of All has existed forever; the effects of this Source ebb and flow in intensity but they are eternal.  The Source consists of three separate essences: the primal essence of catalyst and union, the essence of the sacred feminine, and the essence of the sacred masculine.  All three of these essences are necessary for life of any kind to happen, from the purest and most ethereal life that is Deity to the simplest and most basic living entity in the physical (or astral) realms.  These essences are braided or knotted together so closely that they are not separate essences; the best analogy of this is a celtic knot (the triquetra comes to mine), which has separate lobes but is actually one strand. 

The essence of the sacred masculine that is God loves the essence of the sacred feminine that is Goddess with such intensity that He/It decided to voluntarily endure the pain of being separated from Her/It, for one single purpose: to be able to experience, again and again, throughout eternity, the joy and ecstasy of being reunited with Her/It.  Now, **that** is true love!

It is at Samhain that the essence of the sacred masculine that is God is separated from the Goddess.  What follows is six weeks of what could be considered an imbalance, as the God sleeps the deep sleep of Winter, and the Goddess experiences the loss of One who She loves.  Of course, the Principle of Opposites and the definition of balance require that we understand the purest of polarized opposites in order to temper their effects; this six week period is our chance to look within and experience the yins and the yangs of life and living in a personal way. 

At the end of this period of separation, Goddess and God are reunited as the Wheel of the Year is re-set to its beginning and as the sun makes the transformation from waning energies to waxing energies. 

Today, I celebrate the joyous reunion of Goddess and God after Their long, dark and cold separation.  Even though Winter is far from over, there is a glimmer of light and warmth to be perceived now, a glimmer which will grow stronger with each passing day.  Balance is returning, and the Sun Father is reborn, thus continuing the eternal turning of the Wheel of the Year.

Yule Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment