Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Three of Wands reversed/Ten of Swords reversed.  Hmmm . . . The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position tells of being successfully established after some effort expended. Because it is reversed, I am being told that at least for today, security is more important than foresight.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position is a card of interference and restriction.  Thankfully it is reversed, so it is telling me that I am good where I am right now.  Okay then, actually these two cards in a reversed position work better together than they would if they were upright.  Granted, the reversed Three of Wands is more about being stuck, while the reversed Ten of Swords is more about empowerment, but they are both saying that for now, it might be necessary to focus on where I am, rather than on where I’m going.

My Thoth card is the Four of Wands.  “Completion,” and that is an interesting addition to the mix.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established.  This card is actually supporting the reversed Ten of Swords above, telling me that while I may feel as if I am not yet tapping into forward momentum, what I’ve accomplished so far is worth celebrating.  Since this card is about order and stability, these celebrations will have a hint of some future building or moving onward.

My Legacy card is The Star, flavored by the Four of Coins. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  It is about optimism, about paying things forward, and about manifesting love.  The Four of Coins (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning) tells of possession and control and very solid foundations.  This Four is actually supporting The Star in a very comfortable way. Somehow, I get the feeling that these two cards are telling me that no matter what else is in store for me today, I need to hold onto my dreams.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that occurs as degeneration begins.

My horoscopes: “There's increased emotional tension today. You may be at the forefront of the action as you take things higher and farther. Have a map handy or you could wind up alone in the middle of nowhere. Other people will be looking for something practical in your approach so they have something solid to lean on during this time.”

And: “Strained nerves and trepidation about unpleasant tasks could have you a bit on edge today, and likely to take your stresses out on those closest to you. Try to avoid this. Go for a walk or run. Release your stress through exercise, or through writing. Communicate your feelings to your friends and assure them you're not upset with them. In this way you'll get through the day with little damage to your immediate Universe.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Cups, again!  Lots of repeats lately.  This is such a happy card, and the happiness pretty much shouts that the sum of the parts is so much more than each of the individuals.  This is a card of good emotions, and of feeling secure because we are not alone.

I can’t believe that tomorrow is Yule, already.  Where did December go?  It is late in the afternoon on Yule Eve, just dark.  I was outside at sunset, and said my chant to Hecate.  This night I feel quite close to Her because this is truly a crossroad of the solar year. 

I also feel close to Danu, my Patroness, who is a Mother Goddess.  This year, I can truly feel Her huge belly, and Her readiness to give birth; only a few hours to go. 

The actual moment of the Solstice this year is at 5:30 am the following morning, December 22nd; however, since I will be leading both of the Yule Sabbat Rituals at Sacred Mists, my celebrations will be tomorrow.  The Winter Solstice has been an important time of year since Neolithic times.  Winters are tough for many of us even now, and I can imagine how frightening it was in the past to anticipate a period of cold and dark as the sun seemed to lose its power.  Since keeping livestock alive during the winter months was an iffy proposition, many killed most of their stock at this time.  That must have been truly terrifying to do, even though it meant that for a while, there would be plenty of fresh meat.  After all, if the few animals kept alive did not make it through the tough months ahead, the community would be in real trouble. 

Modern man is less in touch with such things.  Food is not an issue for us, and even though we do feel to some extent the longer nights and shorter days, thanks to lighting and television and the internet, we don’t end up loosing touch with those around us. 

Because I enjoy so much the inner work of my Path, I usually look forward to the time of quiet and dark.  This year has been no exception.  I had intended to work on so many things this Fall and Winter; I ended up accomplishing much more than I expected, but these accomplishments are not connected to the things I planned to work on.  Every time Danu presented me with an unplanned focus, I embraced it gladly, and the reward is that I am a much better, more well rounded, and confident person. 

I have many, many blessings to be thankful for.  And so, I send out love to you all.  I wish each of you the brightest Yule; may the Goddess surround you with Her loving arms and may the newborn Sun God illuminate your life.  I wish you the happiest of holidays, whichever holidays you celebrate. 

Blessed be!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment