Monday, December 19, 2011

Two of Wands/The Tower.  **gulp**  Well, I like the Two of Wands, but what is that Tower doing there?? The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority.  I won’t be afraid to step out on my own or try my own thing today, and the results just might be good ones.  That is, as long as I can successfully handle the other card of this pair. The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going.  I should probably remember that a good shake-up every now and then is actually a good thing.  Thankfully, my Tower is paired with that lovely Two of Wands, so I should be able to inventively deal with any sudden blockages today.  Clearing the way is good; I need to remember, though, that I can’t allow my ego to get too puffed up if I survive this day intact.

My Thoth card is the Five of Cups reversed.  “Disappointment,” but reversed.  Okay then.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) in an upright position tells of emotional down time, a setback, a feeling of regret, or a lack of support.  The Cups on the Thoth Five of Cups are shaped like an inverted pentagram, with Fire and Earth ruling Spirit.  Perfect description of the effects of the energies of this card.  Thankfully, my Five of Cups is reversed, so whatever ends up happening today won’t in actuality be nearly as bad as I may expect.  I won’t be handling things on my own, and the support of others just might tip things in my favor.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands (again!), flavored by The Magician reversed.  Interestingly enough, Joan Bunning equates the Two of Wands with The Magician in her description of this Two.  She feels that both of these cards tap into the energies of creativity and strength, but in different ways. The Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility), and taps into those energies is a more archetypal manner, whereas the Two of Wands taps into those energies in a more personal way, and allows us to use them in a more personal fashion.  Power always comes from the Divine, and the upright Magician is very good at using this power to affect his world. The reversed Magician flavoring my Two of Wands is reminding me that sometimes an outward manifestation of

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.  **scratches head**  With those cards? 

My horoscopes: “Go out and play today. Escape your work mode and have fun. Drive someplace new and take a long walk outside with friends. You have a lot of energy, so share your enthusiasm with others. There's an exciting buzz in the air that you should tap into and contribute to. Take a break from the mundane and have an adventure.”

And: “Confusing communications could seem to be the pattern for today. Some paperwork - which you may need in order to accomplish a particular task - might be delayed in some way, and could be hung up in the mail, filed in the wrong place, etc. It might take a while for you to locate it, but eventually it should turn up. Some strange messages might be left for you, and you might not be sure whether you should return the call or not.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Chariot.  Again.  This lovely card tells of being able to exercise constant control in a changing environment; by establishing who we are and by focusing our intent and our Will, we can get where we want to go.  Victory!

I am exhausted.  Two holiday parties this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, and then I got up early this morning to drive to a client to offer an hour and a half of Thai Bodywork.  I had about 15 First Degree homework submissions to look at once I got home.  Out of gas I am, and I’m going to sleep well tonight!  My Tarot stuff is up, for all you wonderful peeps who visit my blog for the Tarot info. Tomorrow morning, my regular Thai client comes, and hopefully I will be a bit more awake.

Hugs and good night!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment