Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Sun/Seven of Swords reversed. The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes), with our own Sun (the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and influential power), Resh (face, reason) and the Path between Yesod and Hod. The Sun tells of a pocket of time when all will be serene, all will go well, and there will be no rain on my parade. The key to getting the most benefit from this card is to remember that it represents a temporary situation. Sooner or later, some rain must fall, and when it does, I must not try to cling to the sunny time. The Seven of Swords in an upright position (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, society, cause-oriented, aloof) represents the attempt to maintain a situation using unethical means, or interestingly enough, it can also tell of a purposeful failure done in order to sabotage a situation. Because the Seven is reversed, the light of The Sun may inhibit such unethical considerations, but the card is there, even though it is reversed, so I must be a bit cautious and alert.

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups reversed. “Luxury” reversed, in an upright position, Crowley sees this card as offering pleasure, but that pleasure is weak and unstable, and very passive, and thus unable to keep itself from shifting into stagnation. The Four of Cups (the Moon in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) upright also represents the desire to acquire something, or hunting for something, possibly using methods that are veering toward the unethical. Because the card is reversed, I may be able to attain satisfaction today without dealing with the danger of stagnation, or of unethical behavior.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands flavored by the Three of Cups reversed. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) suggests that I take advantage now of the gifts of Fire, light (knowledge, transcendence, power and spirit) and heat (action, enthusiasm, passion and purification), for today I have the skills and the ability to balance that are necessary to benefit from this card. The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Cancer) in an upright position tells of finding ways to celebrate and enjoy and share the gifts of abundance presented to me. Because the card is reversed, I am being told that accessing the powers of the Two of Wands will probably need to be done in a solitary fashion, and I should not necessarily share my experiences.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number of the pause at the beginning of degeneration of the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Don't take no for an answer today, Sagittarius. Know what you believe in and stick with it. There's a distinct advantage to holding true to your inner nature. Don't let others throw you off course with their views on how things should be done. Be confident and don't worry about taking things over the top. There's no such thing as excess today. "The more the merrier" should be your motto.”

And: “Your sign is in charge of far off places, people and cultures, and when you're not on the road, your only consolation is to be in touch with someone or something that either amuses and interests you or reminds you of a distant place you love. So when it comes to long distance communications, whether they come about by email, phone or surprise visits, you always manage to make room for them on your Top Ten list of most favorite things. That said, think you might be ready for a little bit of all three?”

And: “Get in touch with your spiritual side today. Do you meditate or practice yoga? How much do you consider the content of your dreams? Do you know what you believe? Consider your answers to these questions and see what you can do to understand yourself better in this regard. Meditation and such reflective exercises are subjects you can learn a great deal about on the web. Check it out.”

Trip number two is completed, and I am quite enamored with the Rocky Mountains. I arrived at Carolyn’s on Wednesday night, and got to meet her family. Before bed, I heard the local pack of coyotes yipping and howling. How cool is that?

Thursday morning we walked around her neighborhood for a bit. I met the horse from down the road, and got a feel for her neighborhood. Then, we left for The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, and the Rocky Mountains National Park. Just driving to Estes Park blew my mind; the road snaking through chasms of rock was beyond beautiful.

How do I describe the Rockies? Hugs? Majestic? Powerful? Ancient? Yes, all those things and more. The colossal mountains of rock really screamed ELEMENTAL ENERGIES at me, and I could feel the slow and solid and strong energies of Earth literally pressing against me. Talk about an elemental absorption exercise! But these massive structures were not just rock; evergreens poked out of even the most desolate of rocky areas except for the highest of peaks and collected into green carpets on the lower slopes and in the valleys, and the aspens! I am in love with aspens and their light grey bark and their trembling, dancing leaves of green and orange and an intense gold.

We saw hawks, crows, magpies and a species of blue jay that I don’t see on the East Coast. We saw mule deer, and I even saw a few turkey vultures. And we heard elk! I mean, hours of elks calling out, from about 4 am till after full light.

We chuckled as we made our way to our room. The Stanley is supposedly haunted, and we just happened to have rented a room that was part of the tour of the hotel that is offered. Imagine our smiles when we had to excuse ourselves in order to walk through the tour group in order to enter the door of the room that the tour guide was discussing. Two other tours gathered outside our door during the time we were there.

On Friday we headed back into the Park. We could have done many things, but I craved just spending time there, absorbing the majesty and beauty and elemental power. We drove along one road that was frightening; it snaked around a very high peak, and as we got up to past the 13,000 foot level, there was a drop off just past the edge of the road that had me leaning inward, as if I could stop the car from tipping off. We stopped at an overlook just before the road went over the top of the mountain, and LOL, I decided that I was high enough. Back down we went, and then we stopped at a trail called the Alluvial Fan, which took us to a beautiful waterfall. We found a quiet place, and we did my morning chakra opening/cleansing/balancing and Reiki application, surrounded by woods and huge boulders, with the mountains around us and a beautiful blue sky above us.

I must say this: the JetBlue people are the best in the business. I had planned on staying through Saturday night, but my flight got completely booked, and as I was flying standby, I needed to change my plans and hop an earlier flight. The reservation people were wonderful, going out of their way to get me onto another flight, although it was not direct to Kennedy Airport. The first leg of my flight from Denver landed at 7 in Boston. Just before we landed, I got out my boarding pass to see if I needed to get my luggage and check in for the flight to New York; imagine my dismay when I realized my flight was at 5:35 the next morning. Well, if sitting in Boston Airport was what I had to do, that would be fine, but just in case, I stopped at the first gate agent I saw and asked if there were any more flights tonight to Kennedy Airport. He said that there was one, and it was scheduled to leave at 7:55, and there was room for me as a standby. The catch? He said it was unlikely that they could get my bag onto the flight. I thought for a moment, and decided to take that chance. After all, I was one of the last ones on my flight from Denver, and my bag should have been one of the first ones off. Sure enough, when I went to the baggage carousel in Kennedy Airport, there was my bag!! How awesome is that!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment