Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Lovers/The Hanging Man reversed. Emotions that are related to spirit and the mind, and the importance of personal choices and their consequences, are the messages of The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Gemini, “I think,” curious, dial, intelligent, talkative; Zayin, two sided sword; the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy, the origin of form and structure). The Hanging Man (Water, cold/binds and wet/adapts; Neptune, inspiration, spirituality, enchantment, altered states; Mem, water, the reflective quality of thought; the Path between Hod, which provides analysis and communication, and Geburah, where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed) in an upright position tells of stillness, surrender, seeing things from a different perspective and altered consciousness; most of the gifts of this card need to be earned somehow, usually through sacrifice. The Hanging Man in an upright position also warns us not to force an issue, but since the card is reversed, I may have problems not forcing things, and my important choices may not be dealing with altered consciousnesses or with surrender.

My Thoth card is The Tower. Eeep!! The Tower (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes; Mars, action, aggression, drive; Phe, mouth or speech; the Path between Hod and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) lets us know what happens when we fight the flows of energies rather than allowing them to integrate. “Break down the fortress of thine Individual Self, that thy Truth may spring free from the ruins” is what Uncle Al feels about this somewhat frightening card, but he also feels that the total turnaround indicated by its energies can foretell spiritual renewal. Plans can change suddenly, but I need to choose to see the good in whatever results.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Cups reversed, flavored by the Five of Swords. **sigh** The Ace of Cups in an upright position corresponds with the signs of Fall (Libra, “We are,” partnerships and cooperation; Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep; and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering), and it tells of renewal and a fresh start. Because it is reversed, I am being told that I may be neglecting my own emotions or spiritual needs; replenishment should be high on my to-do list today. There are no Earth cards in this spread either, which might give me a hint as to the nature of the imbalance. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, aloof) reminds us to carefully consider just how far we will go in order to get ahead. Perhaps that “low fuel light” regarding my emotions might put me in a bad mood today.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the concept of distance between.

My horoscopes: “This could be a banner day, Sagittarius. Your spiritual and career goals come together so both are enhanced and neither is compromised. It's a neat trick. You can expect the opportunity to practice what you preach to come to you through a friend or colleague. Don't discount any ideas presented to you, as one will contain the key to meshing two of the most important parts of your life.”

And: “The day ahead will certainly not be boring! You're a little more mischievous than usual right now. The provocative imp inside you is determined to make you say something normally "off limits." You may wind up embarrassing and upsetting many of the people around you. However, there is some good to be gained, provided you see this as an opportunity to understand exactly what system you're tempted to topple.”

Back from one awesome vacation, and preparing for another.

We spent a long weekend in the Outer Banks with friends, and how lovely it was! We left at a little after 4 am, and our drive was smooth and eventless, a little over 7 hours. Our house was on the sound, so we had a dock and gazebo where we watched sunsets. We drove to the 4-wheel drive beach twice, saw the wild horses both times. We ate awesome meals, did a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle over the four days we were there, I belly danced for everyone, and the guys played golf. We even walked down to the beach on Sunday night to see moon rise, which was incredibly beautiful. Sunday was devoted to our drive home, which took a bit longer than the drive down due to traffic.

Tomorrow night, I am hopefully flying to Denver to visit Mystery. I am flying standby, so I won’t know until the last minute if I will make the flight, but I am optimistic. I will be there until very early Sunday morning. My cards today are warning that things may not go exactly as planned for this trip, but I need to not allow myself to become bogged down by any disappointment; rather I need to see the lesson in each sudden change, and find the silver lining.

In the mean time, I am playing “catch up” with my responsibilities. It is strange to come off of several deeply spiritual weekends, and then have four days with a very grounded, mundane world focus (not that our days in the Outer Banks were mundane, by any means!). But I have found that some awesome revelations come to me when I give something a rest for a few days or when I am distracted from my normal level of awareness, so we shall see.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment