Monday, September 6, 2010

Page of Pentacles/Six of Wands reversed. The Page of Pentacles is Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes) of Earth, and the Spring signs (Aries, “I want” and action oriented; Taurus, “I have” and physically oriented; and Gemini, “I think and socially oriented) and traditionally he is seen as bringing the message of the Ace of his suit. The Ace of Pentacles tells of opportunities to be had in the physical world relating to security, health, family, and the physical senses, and the Page is encouraging me to be bold (which for a Pentacles card is unusual), and take advantage of the prevailing energies. The Six of Wands in an upright position is a balance of the element of Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes), which is difficult to attain, and represents Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), a planet that rules my sign, in Leo (“I am” and passionately oriented); it is reversed, and thus while I will be able to hear the message of the Page and orient myself toward security and health and my senses, today’s victory will not be mine.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Wands. “Swiftness” and electrical or high energy is the message of this card. There is no longer destruction to be found in the actions of Fire, and no longer any combustion; just the pure light of transformation.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands, flavored by the King of Wands reversed. Personal power today, and choices that bring power. This Two is flavored by the reversed King of Wands, who in an upright position is the expert for using action to bring new ideas and a quality of life. He is reversed, so his energies may not be a factor today.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the pause as degeneration of balance begins.

My horoscopes: “Valuable and interesting information could come your way through modern technology. You might discover new information online that awakens an exciting new interest in you, perhaps related to the sciences, occult, or metaphysics. You could even discover a talent for astrology. Group activities may also be appealing now, particularly those regarding humanitarian pursuits.”

And: "Nix any wallflower tendencies right now, no matter what. You may not be totally at ease in the spotlight, but the spotlight sure loves you, especially during a moment like this. You've been working behind the scenes for far too long, and it's time to step out on center stage and take your bows. You don't have to stay there long -- just give the people who love you a chance to acknowledge how fantastic you are, okay?"

And: "Long-term trends have been gaining momentum for quite sometime now, and you may find that things are finally slipping into place. A spark could come today in which your sense of creativity is met with a powerful inspiration that comes from the heart. Do things with passion and expand your sense of self. There is no need to be shy about who you are and what you believe in. Love and romance is on its way."

It is interesting that one of the keywords to the Six of Wands reversed is backstabbing.

I have always felt that each of us has a powerful responsibility to do the right thing. We are human beings, and thus prone to making mistakes, so none of us will ever be perfect. However, I don’t think perfection is what is expected from each of us. Rather, we are expected to act with awareness of consequences, and to choose our actions to cause the least amount of overall harm, and the least amount of harm to innocents. Even if we fail miserably as far as an end result, I believe that beginning with an intention to cause the least amount of harm, and striving throughout the process to continue to cause the least amount of harm, will go a long way to mitigate the negative karma brought by an end result that harms. Not totally erase that karma, but dilute it.

I guess that because I know that I will not take any action that purposely harms someone, I expect that everyone who is at a minimum an acquaintance of mine will know this about me, and that they will not believe terrible, hurtful things about me that are said by others. My expectations are not always a reality.

Today, words said by another have caused me anger and sadness, both with intensity. This is not the first time that such words have been said about me, and I am in part bewildered by why this person keeps bringing my name up. This is not a person with whom I have regular contact; on the contrary, I have not had contact with this person for literally years. Yet, every time this person gets a soapbox to stand on and an opportunity to publicly talk about how he was wronged, my name ends up in there, each time with a slightly more terrible version of what supposedly happened. I just don’t understand this.

Wyrd tells us that each of us is given challenges in life, and we are expected to choose how to react to them. After all, that is the real power that we have, the power to choose our own feelings and our own thoughts and our own actions. If we choose correctly, we are allowed to move forward and leave that particular challenge behind. If we choose incorrectly, we will circle back around and be presented with this challenge again, and thus we will be presented with an opportunity to have another go at choosing correctly.

I do not know how I am choosing wrong. I am not responding in kind; I am not flaming this person in return for his hurtful words. I am dealing with my hurt and my anger by allowing my Younger Self to vent in private, and then I am doing my best to ignore the accusations, doing my best to “take the high road.” But this person keeps circling back in my life, appearing in an ugly way. Perhaps it is this person who is not learning the lesson, but somehow I get the feeling that part of the reason this keeps appearing to me is that I am making some wrong choice.

These last few days have been incredibly powerful, spiritually. Goddess and God have been with me, and the Elemental Spirits, the Watchers, have been present as well. I am hoping that if I meditate, and if I listen carefully and watch with alertness, the answer will be given to me.

I took a bike ride this afternoon, to attempt to clear my head. It is about two miles to Cape May Point and the lighthouse, and it was a perfect day for a bike ride, so off I went. Once I arrived, I took a two mile marked hike through the salt marshes, fresh water ponds and streams, and forest groves. What a lovely place the wildlife preserve is in late Summer!

I saw my first bald eagle of the Fall, and in fact there must have been two of them for I saw a pair soaring high in the blue sky as I rode my bike home after my hike. I stood for a bit on a small bridge over a shallow stream that wound through a salt meadow, watching the tiny fish eat the pieces of moss floating by, when a blue heron suddenly soared over me and banked low over the water, curving his flight to match the curve of the stream, lazily flapping his huge wings. Later in the hike, I watched a harrier hawk, swooping low over the meadow with its customary flap-flap-soar flight pattern. And throughout, there were dragonflies of all sizes, beautiful moths, and of course, monarch butterflies.

The Sacred Energies have not left my side, and I am certain that I will once again find my peace.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment