Tuesday, October 26, 2010

King of Pentacles reversed/Judgement reversed. The King of Pentacles (the cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, physically focused) is a steward of his kingdom, as well as a ruler who exhibits controlled strength, who is responsible for every physical manifestation as well as the end, tangible result. He is the ultimate Girl Scout, always prepared, always ready to lead and to take responsibility within the physical realms of resource allocation, finances, prestige, and craftsmanship or construction. Because he is reversed today, this King is telling me where I should **not** focus. He is telling me that I have not reached the point, for whatever reason, where I will be able to skillfully control and direct my physical world; not today, at least. He is telling me to focus elsewhere if I feel the need to take action. Judgement (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change; Pluto, power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming; Shin, fang; and the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Hod, which provides analysis and communication) in an upright position tells of a time of reckoning which may end up being uncomfortable, however that discomfort will go a long way towards cleaning the slate. This card in a reversed position tells me that it is likely that I will not find the end resolution today that offers a glimpse of the big picture. But the card is there, and so is the potential, however hidden.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Wands. “Valour” is what Crowley calls the Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, egotistical), and it represents valor and bravery, having an effective defense, and the presence or possibility of experiencing animated discussions, negotiations and competition. Because this is a Seven card, in keeping with Crowley’s Naples Arrangement, this card also represents the beginning of the end of the cohesion of the group. Crowley uses a military group as his example, and he sees this card as foretelling a time of “every man for himself.” Is that effective for me, or destructive? That is the question to ask today. I also need to remember that victory in small matters may not carry the day in the end, so I should choose my battles carefully. This card could very well be offering more meaning to the King of Pentacles reversed and Judgement reversed above.

My Legacy card is the Four of Swords reversed, flavored by The Fool. The Four of Swords (Jupiter in Libra) in an upright position tells of the need of a time of rest and recuperation, usually to be brought about by a time of truce or pause. This card is similar to some extent as The Hanging Man, but since it is of the suit of Swords, this pause is not necessarily about changing perception, but rather it indicates a pause that helps me to prepare to re-engage. Because it is reversed, I am being told that the time of intellectual pause is coming to a close, and I should begin to gather my belongings in preparation for moving on. Aaaahhh, The Fool. An optimistic card. He corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, usually presents problems or challenges), Uranus (technology, the future, innovation, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning), and the Path between Chokmah (male active energy, the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility), as well as the Sacred Child. He is flavoring my Four of Swords reversed, and he is indeed validating my thoughts today, for his presence tells of the potential of some new impulse originating from an unexpected source presenting itself to me today. Whatever happens, the glistening ribbon of Spirit will be laced throughout.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number of completion of manifestation, which reduces further to the number 1, which represents position and new beginnings.

My horoscopes: “Are you entertaining tonight, Sagittarius? If so, you might be a little worried about what your guests think of your home and your skills as a host. Don't waste any time worrying. A good time will be had by all, including you. Everyone is likely to have a memorable evening. Just do your best, be your usual jovial self, and concentrate on having fun.”

And: “You are so serious and sober right now, immersed as you are in working out strategies and calculations aimed at enhancing your persona and personal power. But perhaps you should look up and see what's going on around you. Many people have been behaving irresponsibly. However, there may be one who has an ingenious idea to contribute. It is likely to be done in a joking way, so pay attention!”

I leave tomorrow for this year’s Witches Gone Wild 2010, in Florida’s Disney. I will be flying to Orlando tomorrow and staying with Lilyth and Keith, who have once again graciously offered their time share for the use of the Student Council.

I am looking forward to this long weekend. The members of the Sacred Mists Student Council work together intimately, sharing emails and board posts, Instant Messages and Private Messages, joys and stresses as we continue our efforts to maintain the Boards, Forums, Community and Coven of the Sacred Mists, and to help the entire shebang to continue to evolve and remain relevant to each of its many members. Our interactions are predominantly within that layer of the Astral Plane we call the Internet, and that certainly is an effective venue for the creative process. However, we all need a bit of grounding into the physical realms every so often, and this time of eye-to-eye and face-to-face contact is quite useful to us all; so are the processes of performing in-person rituals, magickal workings, and socializing (read: paaaah-taaayyy, snorts and giggles, and squishy hugs) of all kinds. I believe that the rest of the Student Council and the entire student body all benefit from this time-without-time in a place-that-is-not-a-place that is Disney World. After all, it is called the Magic Kingdom, isn’t it??!!

As I got ready for work this morning, I watched a program that talked about the rise of mammals in general, and of humanity in particular. Two things were talked about that really resonated as important to me.

Interestingly enough, the narrator equated words and the ideas and concepts represented by them to DNA. It was stated that words are actually a means of accomplishing evolution, for words convey information, just as DNA conveys information. DNA stores the “instruction manual” for the creation of a specific life form and a unique individual; words convey the patterns and images and information and knowledge and wisdom and experiences of the individual, and to an extent, the species. DNA changes with evolution, and so does the human mind and psyche. The cool thing is that thoughts, intentions, feelings and emotions have chemical effects on our physiology, and thus they have physical effects on our bodies.

That means that to an extent, the reverse is true. Our physical bodies have an effect on our thoughts, our emotions, our feelings and our minds. The chemical makeup of our body at the time a child is conceived, which to an extent would depend on our current non-physical state, would affect the building blocks of the new child.

LOL, I am certainly not a microbiologist, and I don’t have any proof that any of this is true. But I wanted to document my mental ramblings as I thought about the concepts presented in this program that resonated.

The other concept that seemed important to me was that we have affected the environment of our world, just as microbes did in the past. When our Earth was young, the environment was not hospitable to life as we know it now. It took many years and several ice ages, and the actions of microbes in the seas, to affect our atmosphere and make it supportive to life.

Humans are the only other life form that has exhibited the power to change the environment in a world-wide fashion. Yes, I have known this for a while, but somehow having this knowledge presented to me in this way has made me stop and think. Our world and life itself were permanently changed by the combined actions of those ancient microbes; somehow I get the feeling that we as a species just might be on the path to orchestrating our own extinction. Talk about consequences. Again, I am very aware of the effects of climate change and of the prognosis for the environment predicted by the experts, but seeing it this way, as more of a “big picture,” is pretty powerful. We are not Gods, and humans need to remember that we contain the light of Sacred Fire, not the Sacred Fire itself.

Okay, I want to end on a less ominous note because I feel very empowered again today. I revisited Danu’s cliff. It turns out that the place I was standing yesterday was not really a cliff. When I stood there today, a slight breeze temporarily thrust back the fog and mist a bit, and I could see that I was standing at the edge of a well, a huge round hole edged with what looks like Belgian block, with a diameter about three times my height. I could not see down into the well because of the fog, but I got a sense of immeasurable depth. I looked around for a pebble to drop into the well, however the area was swept clean of even the tiniest shard of rock. What was this place?

$

No comments:

Post a Comment