Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Death/The Horned One reversed. Most people are frightened by the Death card (Water, cold/binds and wet/adapts; Scorpio, “I desire”; and Nun, fish head, liberation), but I have been waiting for it. Death tells us that it is time to move on to the next stage of life; we may not be able to see what comes next but in order to continue growing and evolving, we need to voluntarily release what has happened so far, the way an emerging butterfly leaves behind the dried up shell of the caterpillar-that-once-was. The Tarot, and especially the Major Arcana cards, reminds us that life is constantly in motion and while we may certainly pause for brief periods of time, if we don’t get moving again in a timely fashion, fate and circumstances will boot us in the butt to get us moving again. The Horned One or the Devil (Earth, cold/binds and dry/shapes; Capricorn, “I build”; Ayin, eye or senses) in an upright position tells of the allowing of our connection to the physical world and the experiences of the physical senses to bewitch or bind us in one place. The card is reversed, and I believe it is supporting the concept that the time has come for me to walk willingly through the doorway and into the next stage of my life. The elements of Earth and Water support each other as far as fostering contraction and falling or being weighed down. Because The Horned One is reversed, there is a nice Balance to be found in this card pair.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Wands reversed. “Swiftness” reversed; Crowley saw this card as representing not combustion, but the energy created by combustion. He saw the energies of this card as being similar to an electric current or of light created by electricity. Since the card is reversed, today may not be a day of “sukha,” of free and easy movement within the channels presented.

My Legacy card is the Three of Swords, flavored by the Seven of Wands reversed. Interestingly enough, one interpretation of the Three of Swords is the inability to maintain the new sense of identity with the old situation. The card tells us that the patches put in place to delay the decision are beginning to give, and illness of some kind could result from a refusal to address things; it tells us that the sorrow we feel is not dependent on any one person or event; it is more of a universal melancholy. I need to remember that logic and the mind (both correspondences to the suit of Swords), have the power to hurt me when left in their purest forms; my sorrow may very well be more mental than emotional.

Since today’s throw took me by surprise, I chose to throw a Pearls of Wisdom card for some insight, and got the Two of Cups. Sweet sharing and an abundance of caring for each other. No matter what, love is there as a support. Nice reminder.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number of completion and endings, which reduces to the number 1, the number of pre-manifestation and of position.

My horoscopes: “Today may be tough for you, Sagittarius. It might seem like nothing is fitting into place. Could it be that you're trying to be someone you aren't? If things aren't working out, don't press the issue. You're better off waiting for a time when you feel more confident about who you are and where you're going. Have a cup of tea and relax. Releasing stress can free your energy for other uses.”

And: “You're famous for consistently being game to experience the last thing on earth anyone else might try, and then tell everyone you know all about it. Today's nutty energy is perfect for you. An invitation sets you off on a path that includes not just adventure, but a new and improved relationship with a good friend or sweetheart. No matter how subtle the invitation may be, you're up for it.”

And: “Members of your household, including you, might have been letting chores around the home slide and the idea of getting them done may seem a bit too much for you to bear. Yet the spirit of sacrifice may get the best of you, and you might try to do it all yourself. Don't! Ask for help. Others are as responsible for household tasks as you are, and you aren't doing anyone any favors by working too hard.”

I performed my first official Reiki I Class last evening, for Jill in Flanders, and it went really well. I felt confident and informed, and since Jill is studying diet and essential oils and aromatherapy for use in healing, she was able to contribute her own information to our discussions. The attunement went well, and we shared Reiki immediately after; Jill was thrilled when she felt heat and tingling as she applied Reiki to me. I have also written up a draft of a writeup for my Reiki I Class with Off the Beaten Path; I am excited.

This weekend, Helen and I will hopefully do several bodywork sessions, on neighbors, guests and each other. I have been watching Mukti’s video, and I look forward to trying some of the sequences with Helen. LOL, she is such an elastic band that I won’t have to worry about hurting her.

One of my much loved PBT-ers, E, is eager for some bodywork as well, and she is also a yoga teacher, so I look forward to bringing her this experience. The more people I practice on, the sooner I can put myself out there as a professional.

I am really impressed with Mystery’s ability to pull together rituals by taking parts from books and other sources. That is how I started; eventually things got shifted and tweaked and rewritten so that my rituals are really mine, and she is going to be able to do the same thing with the rituals and workings she is putting together.

We are having a house full this weekend in Cape May, and I really look forward to seeing everyone!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment