Sunday, May 17, 2015

5/17/15 Transparent Oracle Sunday!

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

12, Weather: Lightning (South): South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity. In the T-O, the weather associated with the South is Lightning, and oh boy, does this make sense.  After all, South is about Fire, and Lightning is about a sudden eruption of heat and flame and light.  The energies of this card are full of drama, and maybe even a bit scary at times, but they are a great way to break down and end the effectiveness of blockages.

17, Guide: Stag (South). The direction of South corresponds with the element of Fire.  Fire brings spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change through heating and separating, drying and shaping.  Stag is an impressive Guide at any time of the year, but during the Summer, when he is at his peak, he is the epitome of pride and leadership and competition.  Stag is an archetype for the Sacred Masculine, and of the God in my spiritual tradition.  Stag tells of magnificent demonstrations of prowess, and of regenerative properties and the cycles of life.

48, Venus (Above). The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machine.  The planet Venus corresponds with the element of Earth, and it represents all love and relationships and connections.  This also encompasses mothering, nurturing, healing, the pleasing of the senses, and an appreciation for beauty.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Stag is what you see first, with Venus appearing to rise above the horizon in the background.  Lightning brings an unsettled feeling to the mandala, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.  After all, Lightning is neutral, and it is up to us to either run away from it or make use of it.  The symbol of Venus is in the center of the mandala, and that feels important to me.  If I am able to see all of the effects of the elements and of the workings of Nature as beautiful, I won’t fear them.  Because I work with Cernunnos, and because the Stag is a symbol of Cernunnos, this might be a good time of year to work with Him in a deeper way.  Summer is arriving, along with its energy, drive and manifestation.  I have the ability to perceive these effects, and make use of them.

I spent all day yesterday in my beloved garden.  Right now, it is raining, so I can’t get out there yet, but I am hoping to sneak out there and at least cut the grass in the back yard some time today.  If the sun would just come out for a half hour and dry things, I will be good to go.  But with Lightning in my cards today, that might not happen.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment