Friday, May 8, 2015

5/4/15 The King of Swords and the Page of Pentacles

Back to the Shadowscapes Tarot today.  My cards are the King of Swords reversed and the Page of Pentacles.  Hmmm . . . Court Cards today.

The King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) is a good judge of people and situations. He uses his intellect to analyze, so he may not be compassionate but he is trustworthy, and he can be trusted to fiercely stand by his decisions.  The Legacy King of Swords certainly looks regal and fearsome, like someone who can proclaim his judgment for the best of all, without softness or mercy.   He can be seen as one facet of the Justice card, and his kind of analysis based on experience and wisdom may be useful today.

The Shadowscapes King of Swords is seated on his throne, his mighty Sword held in his hands, point up.  On the sword sits Owl, symbolizing the wisdom to be found on the tip of the intellect that is his weapon; beside him are two ravens, dark as shadow (and shadow can only be present when there is illumination!). This King is a perfect blend of art, science and balance, and he is a pillar of strength and morality.

The Page of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. The Page of Pentacles in an upright position loves to learn new things and have new experiences, and he loves to share the excitement created through experiencing new things.  Because my Page is reversed, I might need to ground myself today and pay attention to the details lest my enthusiasm distract me.

The Shadowscapes Page sits on a sleeping dragon, accompanied by Owl (a common thread between these two cards), and she holds the spark of opportunity in her hand.  Will she offer it to me?  Will I take it?  Questions to be answered. 

Despite the fact that these two cards are symbolized by opposing elements (Air and Earth), they both hold a common thread.  The intellect, the working of the mind, and the concept of the highest good of all are all being offered today.  These are the intentions to infuse in everything I do, and these are the goals, the aims to accomplish.  I’m ready!

Almost time for me to leave on my trip to the Dominican Republic.  Tomorrow will be a busy day, as I teach two Yoga classes and work for The Hubs, but I will post again as soon as I can.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment