Thursday, May 28, 2015

5/18/15 Ace of Cups and Ten of Cups

Today I’m back to the Thoth Tarot and the teachings of Uncle Al.  My cards are the Ace of Cups and the Ten of Cups.  Interesting!

The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.

The Thoth Ace of Cups, like all the Aces, is about potential and possibilities.  Crowley believes that the Aces contain all the other numbered cards of the suit, or at least the potential to become them.  The beautiful Cup on this card is surrounded by ripples of water, and a light shines upward, sourced from whatever is in that Cup. 

The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment. The number Ten is about the completion of a cycle or manifestation, and the suit of Cups is about emotions, feelings and the inner self, so this card offers the bounty that comes with the successful experiencing of all the lessons of the Cups cards.

The Thoth Ten of Cups shows ten Cups (set up like the Tree of Life) with the upper Cups overflowing into those below.  These Cups have lights shining from them, but those lights are all aimed downward, giving the card a somewhat heavy feeling.  Cups running over can make a mess, so the emotional completeness being signified by this card might not be pleasant.

The day seems to be filled with Watery possibilities, as well as Watery manifestations.  I will need to remember how much feelings and dreams will come into play today, and perhaps I can ride this wave onto shore without falling.

I’m going to be away for Memorial Day Weekend, so you might not see me for a week or so.  Don’t worry, though; I’ll be back!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment