Sunday, May 10, 2015

5/10/15 Transparent Oracle Sunday!

Transparent Oracle Sunday! 

37, Guide: Raven (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Raven is a clever bird, often portrayed as a trickster.  Raven is also known for assisting us in the transformation from one realm to another, and known as a skilled communicator.

15, Landscape: Desert (South). South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.   Desert represents an extreme environment that upon initial examination seems to preclude life; actually this Landscape just challenges life, severely, but if we see that challenge as a chance to test our endurance and our ability to adapt to difficult situations, we will prosper.

32, Weather: Snow (North). The dignities associated with Earth are: cold/binds and dry/shapes, and the energies are stable, material, practical, and slow to change or try something new.  Earth is about security and stillness, and knowing what to expect; it is about strength, discipline, and physical manifestation of all kinds, and about enjoying the fruits of our labors.  Snow has a magickal effect on the landscape and our surroundings; when snow falls, it covers everything and hides details as well as mutes sounds.  The mantle of white is made of countless tiny, unique crystals, and like a blanket, the covering of snow insulates and protects.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  The focus on this one is inward, toward the center of the circle.  Raven is looking directly inward, focused on that Snow, but Desert is also there, acting as a framework for the entire image.  I am being told that this week, KISS should be the guiding concept and if I keep it simple, I should be able to bring my body and my physical world to a good place.  I already have the necessary discipline in place, and here I am, in the Dominican Republic.  Not necessarily a desert, but a hot Caribbean landscape near the equator, my time away from my still-cold home.  But that chilly home is important, too.  Raven assists us as we transform from one realm to another, and I have been given two different realms today in my throw.  If I allow Raven to guide me, I should be able to balance between the extremes with ease!

This is my last full day in the Dominican Republic; I attempt to fly home tomorrow.  It has been a relaxing trip, filled with fun times, good food, good beer, and lots of relaxation.  Soon it will be back to reality, but for now, I’m going to enjoy my day, whatever it brings.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment