Friday, February 6, 2015

2/5/15

Nine of Swords/Ten of Cups reversed. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangeable.  This card represents the “agony of the mind,” and the poison created by this agony can overshadow everything else.  This kind of cruelty does not leave physical wounds, but that does not mean it does not hurt.  I will need to watch my thoughts and my words today, and I will need to make sure I am not hard on myself. The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment. The number Ten is about the completion of a cycle or manifestation, and the suit of Cups is about emotions, feelings and the inner self, so this card offers the bounty that comes with the successful experiencing of all the lessons of the Cups cards. When upright, the only letdown of this card is that we have achieved our goal, and now we wonder what comes next.  Since my card is reversed, all these Cups could bring an emotional imbalance, and perhaps these two cards together are helping each other out, not in a comfortable way. 

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Disks (“Failure”) and the Seven of Cups (“Debauch”) reversed. The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments. To Crowley, the pause indicated by the Seven of Disks is happening because of sloth and lethargy, and the image on the card is dark and heavy, even stagnant.  Failure can happen due to a lack of success, but it can also happen due to non-performance.  Is the effort worth the end result?  This is the question of the day, apparently. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices.  Crowley sees this one as being drunk on pleasure, so drunk that we are not able to focus enough to make sensible choices.  Just looking at the image on this card makes me feel uncomfortable; sensual pleasure can certainly corrupt, but since my Cups card is reversed, I should be able to shake any emotional lethargy off. 

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands reversed, flavored by the King of Cups. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority, and it is reversed.  Today is not about my own power; today is not about using my Will to benefit just myself.  I need to be aware that there may be a tendency to think about myself and my own needs; sometimes we do need to think about ourselves, but not today.  My Two of Wands is being flavored by the King of Cups, my only upright Cups card of the day. The King of Cups (cusp of Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, and Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling mysterious, obsessive) is the expert on emotions and the subconscious, mainly because of his life experiences.  He is able to be calm, caring and diplomatic, and still get things done by getting others working together in a productive way.  My King is reminding me that taking actions for the betterment of others can often also bring us better times.  Today I may be very effective as a shepherd of others, and I should do my best to oblige the requests of others, and to work toward providing them with happiness and serenity.  My King is validating the need to care for others today; in the end, by serving others I am also serving myself.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “When serious Saturn entered your sign on Dec. 23, you started hatching some lofty ideas. Today, with expressive Mercury in your communications center angled with Saturn, it's time to put your money where your mouth is. Just as the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, your grandiose vision unfolds one piece at a time. So get those thoughts and images down on paper (or capture them digitally). And do your research! Some targeted web searching could lead to an aha moment!

And: “Your playful attitude will be a welcome addition to the sober, restrictive tone of the day. On the other hand, it may behoove you to join in with the seriousness in order to accomplish what you need to get done. The choice is up to you; however, you would probably be wise to spend this day taking care of chores and nagging errands that you have been putting off for quite some time.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment