Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2/25/15

Knight of Swords/Eight of Cups.  The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  His daring and courage are impressive, but he can also be disruptive, too.  While all of the Knights can be considered as mercinaries, the Knight of Swords truly personifies this career. Today I may need to manage my time well, as situations requiring quick decisions will be the rule. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions, and it offers one possible response to that decline or change: moving on.  I am being told that if feelings or emotions don’t serve me in a positive way, I should release them and walk away. 

My Thoth cards are Lust and the Five of Disks (“Worry”).  The Strength card, which Crowley calls “Lust” (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus. In the end, the lion from the traditional image of this card is offering a service just by being itself; we are offered the opportunity to tame that beast.  Crowley sees this card as offering the traditional meanings (courage, passion, inner focus and fortitude), but he also sees it as representing the use of magick or magickal powers.  And perhaps inner strength can be seen as a magickal power, eh?  The Five of Disks (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of some loss or need within the physical world.  This card tells of wandering aimlessly looking for help and not finding it.  The image on the Thoth Five of Disks shows an upside-down pentacle, showing me that Spirit may not be my main focus today, and perhaps it should be.  Success is not just measured by material possessions, and material possessions are empty if they are not accompanied by love and passion and spirit.  The Worry of this card can have a positive effect, if we allow our Worry to cause us to test us, we will determine if we have the strength to endure.  Hmmmm . . . perhaps it is good that these two cards have appeared together today.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands, flavored by the Five of Wands reversed.  The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  This is a card of action and ownership, personal power and authority, and the manifestation of these things, hopefully in order to obtain a good result.  My Two of Wands is being flavored by the Five of Wands in a reversed position.  The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical) in an upright position indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross-purposes, or this discomfort could be caused by growing pains. The traditional image on this card makes me laugh, and makes me remember setting up a tent in order to camp.  LOL, talk about cross-purposes!  But my Five of Wands is reversed today, and that tells me that I will be able to take advantage of the conflicts of Will that appear, and turn the conflict itself to a good purpose.  And isn’t it handy that my Two of Wands tells me that I am in control??!!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Double-check any plans you've made with those you hold dear today—and confirm your work meetings while you're at it. With foggy Neptune opposing the Moon in your house of partnerships, miscommunications could crop up left and right. You may think you have all the times and meeting spots correct, only to miss something important still. If you've been working on a business deal, take note: It's not a good day for signing contracts or finalizing anything. Hold off until things feel less fuzzy.”

And: “A rally or other sort of mass meeting could take place in your near neighborhood today and it could well be the most exciting thing that's happened to your community in a long time. Expect to meet a number of interesting people. Social events, perhaps connected to this rally in some way, could take up a lot of your time today, almost to the point where you wear yourself out. Pace yourself and don't try to do too much.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment