Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2/11/15

Seven of Wands/Ten of Cups reversed. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end, because I just might be experiencing a test of some kind.  I need to be brave, determined and creative, and maybe even take a calculated risk. The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment. The number Ten is about the completion of a cycle or manifestation, and the suit of Cups is about emotions, feelings and the inner self, so this card offers the bounty that comes with the successful experiencing of all the lessons of the Cups cards. Because my Ten of Cups is reversed, there is the potential for enotional exhaustion in the day.  That exhaustion could set up stress or crankiness.  These two cards together remind me that I don’t like to take risks, even though today could be a good day to do so.  Lottery tickets, anyone?

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Wands (“Oppression”) and the Knight of Wands reversed.  Wands cards are in play today. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill that must be climbed.  This card can also tell of a passion that has taken a life of its own and then gotten out of control or taken over everything else.  In other words, sometimes success can be oppressive, especially when pride won’t let us take a rest.  I need to be careful about that, and get help when needed.   In the Thoth Tarot, the Knights are the Kings. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) in an upright position is honest and open hearted, and rules his realm through the advantageous use of his creative impulses.  He is admired by all, is able to assert authority without alienating others, and his achievements not only bring him benefits, but also increase the quality of life for those around him.  Because my King is reversed, I may have trouble modifying my plans today if something unexpected crops up.  These two cards together are warning me not to get too full of myself.

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups, flavored by the Eight of Wands. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  This Page can be seen as a more immature version of the Queen of Cups, and that means he might be seeing the world through rose-colored glasses.  He is Earth of Water, and thus all about feelings and sensations, particularly pleasant feelings and sensations, and he is about relationships of all kinds, both love and friendship  My Page of Cups is being flavored by the Eight of Wands. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong and sudden, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result should be balance.  This one is kind of a Minor Arcana version of The Wheel, and it is interesting that I have both the Seven and the Eight of Wands in my cards today, both paired with Cups cards.  Fire and Water are not friendly toward each other, so I had better watch for imbalances, eh?

My 6-digit date number is 10, the end of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position.

My horoscopes: “Hey, chatterbox! Your social charms are out in full force today as talkative Mercury sets sail through extroverted Aquarius and your house of communication. Don't be surprised if you need to charge your phone by lunchtime since you'll be texting and tweeting up a storm. Just make sure to keep it positive. A juicy piece of gossip may reach your ears, and you don't want to lose someone's trust or be seen as two-faced by repeating it. Your attention span could be a bit short today, so fight to stay focused at work.

And: “There is a great deal of air to fuel your fire today. You will find that conversations light up upon your arrival on the scene. Dreams, fantasy and inspired wishes may be coming to the surface, asking you to digest them with your open, adventurous mind. Use this fuel to keep things burning red hot within you. Bring your dreams to the surface and turn them into realities by joining forces with others.

Yay, Mercury goes direct today, and already a log jam seems to have released.  I was notified this morning that I will be teaching a chair Yoga class for Parkinson’s Disease patients, and I am thrilled.  I will be adding this to my mat class for cancer survivors, my chair class for seniors, my basics mat class, and my private chair/mat class for a man with cerebral palsy.  I get such fulfillment from showing people they can do Yoga!  Especially those people who for whatever reason believe that Yoga is not available to them.  Life is good, and I am blessed.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment