Wednesday, February 4, 2015

2/3/15

The High Priestess reversed/Four of Wands.  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician (who is also in this pair), the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  She is the Gatekeeper who determines whether I am ready to experience the Mysteries, and she is somewhat removed from everyday life although her mind is receptive.  She is not about mental analysis at all; when upright, she tells me that in order to access the Mysteries she guards, I must know my inner self completely, and accept the messages of my Inner Voice, even if they defy analysis.  She is reversed today, and while she may be able to balance the outer realms with the inner realms in an effective way, I won’t be able to do the same.  Her tools are not my tools today, and I would be better off looking around me in the physical world for messages.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, and about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  I’m not being told that the job is done; rather, I am being told that I’ve done some good work so far, and today I shoud take a moment to celebrate my accomplishments.  Once I have established my foundation, I will be ready to move forward once more.  And maybe that High Priestess will turn herself around for me.

My Thoth cards are the Nine of Cups (“Happiness”) and the Nine of Wands (“Strength”).  Cool; I’ll take them both!  The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day.  This card is about getting what you wished for, but it reminds us that we need to be detailed in our visualizations if we want to receive exactly what we are wishing for.  Yes, it is one of the best cards in the pack, but I would do well to remember Crowley’s keyword for the next card, Satiety, and how easily being sated can slide into being lethargic.  The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of the order and control that helps us to plan for possible challenges or hostilities to come, the way a seasoned warrior would plan.  The Nine of Wands also tells of the ability to adapt to changes on the drop of a dime.  In order for this creative strength to be effective, it must be mobile, and today I should look to both the Sun and the Moon in a more literal, exoteric sense for direction (rather than the esoteric tools of The High Priestess, who is reversed today).

My Legacy card is Strength (there’s that word again!!), flavored by the Page of Coins.  . The Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is about having the strength and the patience to endure and focus.  Endurand and focus, patience and strength, are also skills necessary to use magick or magickal powers, another meaning for the Strength card.  Often, the focus and the taming of our wild nature represented by this card is taking place in order to obtain a result that is more than mere physical survival.  We have tamed Nature, we have food and shelter, but we want to test ourselves further, without having to worry about the basics.  Today I will deal gracefully with whatever life offers, just as I did yesterday (which was a day filled with minor, harmless irritations), and once again I will go to bed with a smile of accomplishment on my face.  Not a smile because I obtained “stuff,” but rather a smile because I responded to everything in a productive and positive way.  My Strength card is being flavored by the Page of Coins, a perfect companion!  The Page of Coins (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is down-to-earth and responsible, and a listener and a learner. This Page loves to learn new things and have new experiences, but he also can see the big picture in an optimistic way.  He is reminding me today that much can be accomplished in the physical world, but I needt o be willing to try new things, and I need to accept that I might need to work my way up the ranks in order to achieve my goals.  Again I am being told to deal with life’s isses realistically and in a grounded way, yet still remain open to trying a new method.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position fo the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and energy of “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “With vociferous Mercury retrograde in your zone of communication and cooperation, it's a miracle that anything comes out right! Since the expressive planet went off-course on Jan. 21, various projects have gotten mucked up, and you may feel ready to pull the plug on one close to your heart. But don't, Archer! This is a temporary setback. You've got one week left in this cosmic cycle, and you might be surprised how much damage you can undo with simple, open dialogue.

And: “Take a step back from the line of fire today and examine your position. You have made some bold moves, and now it is time to pause and evaluate. Listen to the reactions of other people, and take their observations and comments to heart. Other people may see things about your current situation that you do not. Don't let yourself get boxed in by narrow-minded ways of thinking. Digest what you learn, and expand your horizons.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment