Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Judgement/Eight of Cups reversed. Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and it usually tells of a coming change or opportunity to validate the good stuff and divest the stuff I don’t need any more. This card is about reaching a decision point, or about realizing what must be done. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of the need to move on or change of direction, but since it is reversed, this Eight is validating the message of the Judgement card. It is telling me that now is a good time for assess things for while the end or time of change has not yet appeared, it just might be on the way.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Cups reversed. The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position is about powerful satisfaction on all levels (emotional, physical and spiritual) and a fulfilling sense of accomplishment. The card is reversed, so it is telling me to focus less on my emotions or my senses; this is supporting my reversed Empress below. I do need to be careful that I don’t get caught up in the illusion of emotions, but that does not mean I should ignore my Inner Voice. Balance!

My Legacy card is The Empress reversed, flavored by the Knight of Coins. The Empress corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity). In an upright position, it encourages us to listen to our senses, to connect with Nature and to look for fulfillment; however, my Empress is reversed today. Instead of free-flowing energies, I might to better to impose a bit of order and predictability into the day. My Knight is validating this. The Knight of Coins (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented), like all Knights, represents extreme manifestations of his suit, Coins or Pentacles. He is careful, sometimes to the point of being obstructive, but perhaps today that attention to detail is needed. He is realistic, but I do need to remind myself (especially with those reversed Cups showing up today) that I need to visualize the good things in order to manifest them.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause at the beginning of degeneration, sometimes requiring a choice: accept what is or strive for more.

My horoscopes: “The fire within you may be burning brightly, Sagittarius, but unfortunately, there isn't a great deal of fuel available to keep it going. It may seem as if people are trying to rain on your parade, but they're just trying to do their duty. Relax and contemplate what's going on around you. This may not be the best day to implement change and promote new ideas.”

And: “Give people the benefit of the doubt. Don't be so hasty in your actions and take the time to think things through. You have a special connection with your feelings today that can aid in clearing some of the fog in your mental processes. Your sensitivity toward others is remarkably strong and you will find that people will be particularly drawn to this side of you - especially tonight.”

My Shadowscapes Insight today is about the Five of Wands. This card is about what happens when power gets combined with self-interest, and it reminds us to always ask the question “Does the end justify the means?” Sometimes we need to be single-minded, but that kind of self-righteousness is awfully addictive. This card could be warning us of what might happen if we embrace the Two of Swords as our right. Like the Five of Wands, this Two is double edged, and both of these cards could easily be either good or bad. Worse, they can both easily feel good when actually, they are quite bad.

I spent quite a bit of time last evening with my lower three chakras, cleaning them out, balancing them and grounding myself. Once I had completed this self-maintenance, I thought a bit more about the experiences of the day yesterday, and tried to connect those experiences to the 11th Path. And lo and behold, I ended up with some insight!

It is difficult to visualize the energies and correspondences of the 11th Path, because this Path is a catalyst, not an actual manifestation. I compared this to the earthquake of yesterday. While the force that caused yesterday’s earthquake was surely building for some time, none of us were aware of its presence. It was only once that Force (the eruption out of the chasms of the Atlantic and subsequent Westward movement of the tectonic plate) had been subject to some kind of Form (the surrounding plates, pressing against each other) that we were able to sense its presence and effect.

The energies of the Sacred Feminine are easy to be aware of, and the effects of the manifestation of those energies are within the workings of Nature and our world and universe. But those effects would not happen without the catalyst of the Sacred Masculine; they would only be possibilities and potential if they are not activated. Even the Aha! Moment and the glimpse of The Source that are indicated by the 11th Path are actually the initial results of the action of Catalyst on Potential; the Form has already been imposed or I would not be able to sense these lovely Glimpses of the Machinery of the Universe. We don’t know the Catalyst is there until it has completed its job and begin activating Potential into actual manifestation.

Okay, I think I get it now.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment