Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Empress reversed/Page of Wands reversed. The Empress corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity). In an upright position, this encourages us to listen to our senses, to connect with Nature and to look for fulfillment; however, again my Empress is reversed today, and perhaps I am being told that the energies of The Emperor are more important. I need to put structure, order and regulation into my day. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tends to be a free spirit who uses assertion and action to attract adventure and excitement. My Page is reversed, and could be warning me that taking risks is not advisable at this time. Hmmm . . . kind of validates the reversed Empress. Interesting cards for today, as we watch the course of Hurricane Irene.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Swords reversed. The Prince (Knight) of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) in an upright position is not afraid of taking action, not afraid of wading into conflicts, and not afraid to implement new ideas, the more the merrier. Because this card is reversed, it is validating the message of my first two cards. Risk may not be a good thing right now, at least contemplating taking risks.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Cups reversed, flavored by the Six of Cups reversed. Lots of reversed Cups cards lately! The Nine of Cups (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position is about powerful satisfaction on all levels (emotional, physical and spiritual) and a fulfilling sense of accomplishment. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) in an upright position tells of experiencing simple joys. Both of these Cups cards are about feelings and emotions, and both are reversed. There is some balance in that, but the feelings and emotions are not bringing about the satisfaction, fulfillment and simple joys that the upright cards might indicate. Instead, we are seeing cynicism, regret, and a lack of infusion of emotions. **scratches head** Well, these are feelings, after all, and they may be my perception of reality rather than what is actually true and happening.

Look at all those reversals! And repeats, the reversed Empress, the reversed Eight of Cups and the reversed Nine of Cups were in my card throws for yesterday. I guess my cards today are more about what is not happening. Since all my cards were reversed, I threw a clarification card, and got the Two of Wands. Whew!! A power card in an upright position, and sounds like I will need it! The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) is an exciting card. It tells of being able to wield influence and have authority, and it tells of being able to think out of the box. This card as a clarification card is reassuring. Not that I am being told that trouble is going to be diverted, but rather, I am being told that I can handle whatever crosses my path. Okay, could be worse.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a focused response to the beginning of degeneration that is the number 7, with the intent of preserving the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “You're at an emotional climax now, Sagittarius. Things are coming to a critical point. Little issues in your relationships that you've ignored are coming back to haunt you. Someone could be trying to cross you at this time, or maybe it just feels that way. Don't get overly paranoid. The whole world isn't out to get you.”

And: “Happiness reigns in the home as you and the other members of your household embark on one or more projects that could make your home a more cheery place to life. Warm and companionable conversations involve sharing interesting information, Nancy, and also bring all of you closer together. Visitors could come by, and others could ring you up with interesting news. This is a good day to throw an impromptu party, such as a potluck. Enjoy your day!”

My Shadowscapes Insight today is about the Nine of Swords. The worry card, the brooding at 3 am card. I love the poem at the beginning of the explanation of this card in Shadowscapes Companion:

Stormcrows herald impending dissolution
with voices cawing raucous absolution
round and round and spiraling ever nearer
one future sought – one future feared.

Stormcrows indeed!! And the message of this card, and my insight (completely appropriate due to the approach of Hurricane Irene!) is that the stormcrows only have power if we listen to them. And in the end, as the stormcrows take wing and escape, it will be our fear that will ground us and bring about the very thing we dread. Perhaps this card has a more personal message for me today. After all, besides the Two of Wands clarification card, my cards are pretty oppressive. Will I listen to the stormcrows and manifest my fears into reality??

My last entry on the 11th Path, the Paths of the Tree, the Tree of Life, and the Qabala. Not that I won’t be talking about these things again, but this is the last of this round of study. The card that is associated with the 11th Path is The Fool. The Fool kind of is not expected to follow the rules that are imposed on the rest of the Tarot cards; the energies of this card are exempt from just about everything. This card is about potential, about having faith, about exploring the unknown, about taking a chance and trusting in fate and luck, about doing the unexpected, and about being watched over by a Higher Power. Even the ethereal nature of The Fool is not quite the pure potential of Force that is Chokmah and Kether, but it is close.

Nothing is certain when The Fool shows itself in a spread, and the beliefs of the Seeker receiving the reading will have a huge influence over how The Fool manifests. If the Seeker is optimistic, The Fool will have miracles drop into his lap; if the Seeker expects bad things, The Fool will trip and fall, skin his knees, and break that nice expensive bottle of single malt scotch in his backpack. The interesting thing about this card is that even if his adversaries are powerful and well prepared to put him down, if The Fool believes he will be victorious, those adversaries had better watch out.

The traditional image on this card shows a young man travelling along a perilous road, his dog by his side and a very small pack of his few worldly belongings on his back, smelling a beautiful rose in full bloom. The Fool does not need any physical belongings or fancy gear to find joy and serenity; and this Path of pure Force does not need the Form of the Sacred Feminine to exist as pure potential.

And here, I leave my formal study of the Tree. I have grown, increased my confidence, and deepened my understanding of Deity these past months. I am grateful for the glimpses of the Machinery I have seen, and I am grateful for the Cosmic Downloads that I am still installing. It has taken me nine months to get through the entire Tree, and during this time I have had my beliefs shaken, to my core, and then rebuilt, with even more strength.

And just in time! First, Brian is almost electrocuted, then my trip to the Dominican Republic is cancelled because of Tropical Storm Emily, then there was the Quake of 2011, and now Hurricane Irene is barreling up the East Coast, with a bulls eye pasted on Cape May. Such turmoil! But so far, I am calm. There are amazing energies to be tapped into, and amazing experiences to be had!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment