Monday, August 29, 2011

Justice/King of Swords reversed. Well, had these two cards together on August 3rd, except the King was not reversed.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed). Because Justice is about cause and effect, it is reminding me that every action I take, small or large, will have an effect.  I will be held accountable, for good and bad, and I should attempt to take every factor into consideration before making a decision.  The King of Swords (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) is also ethical, and since he is reversed, I need to be aware that ethics might play a part today.  My king is reversed, so my mental clarity and articulation skills may very well be challenged.

My Thoth card is The Fool reversed. To Crowley, “pure folly is the key to initiation.”  The Fool has learned this.  The Fool is an Air card (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), and it also corresponds with Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool presents some powerful energies, and since it is reversed I need to be very aware of what I am saying and doing today.  No trusting in fate; I must be responsible for my words and actions.  However, I should not shut down the Inner Voice, and I must remember that all messages from the Divine are right, if received in the correct way.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Coins reversed, flavored by the Queen of Coins reversed. The Eight of Coins (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position is about being prepared and doing your homework, and because it is reversed, I may be dealing with apathy, a lack of drive, or laziness today.  I think I need to determine carefully if I need this time of disconnect after the stresses of the last few days, but no matter what, I need to pay attention! The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  I think she is reversed in order to encourage me to allow myself a bit of recovery time.  I have been this Queen for the past few days, trying to keep everything safe during the impact of Hurricane Irene.  So far, so good, and a bit of reward may be in order.

My New Moon Pearls of Wisdom card is the Seven of Pentacles. The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells us that our efforts thus far may bring future rewards, but full potential has not yet been realized.  The Pearls of Wisdom Seven validates the struggle to balance of my inner life with the demands of my outer world.  This card is not an active one, but it is really filled with potential and it is asking me to notice that potential.  Efforts bring rewards, and the seed needs to be nurtured; all I have to do is notice it.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number of new creation out of the balance and polarity of the number 2 and the potential of the number 1.

My horoscopes: “New channels of communication may open up for you today. A female author whose work you enjoy could release a new book, Sagittarius. You could meet some new neighbors who share your interests or you could come into contact with like-minded people online. This promises to open new territory for you regarding your intellectual and social lives. Your mind is going to be working overtime!”

And: “Communications involving romance could come your way unexpectedly today. You may get a loving message from a romantic partner, or you could hear of a wedding soon to take place within your circle of friends. You could also read a love poem or romance novel, or write something along the same lines yourself! Someone, of whom you would never have believed it, might also express affection to you. Don't be too surprised. You're worthy of it!”

My Shadowscapes Insight is about Temperance.  “They swirl around her in a maelstrom that assaults the senses.  Like a maestro, she watches over and reigns in one or the other when she senses any imbalance so harmony is maintained.”  From the Shadowscapes Companion, these words sum up the active nature of the balance maintained (and represented) by Temperance.  The harmony of Temperance is maintained through the skills that are achieved by experiencing extremes, and then being able to apply just the right amount of those extremes to foster balance (for too much of one will surely extinguish the others).

Hurricane Irene is now history.  We had double stresses, for our Blue Moon House was right in the line of fire, and our Hackensack house is surrounded by 100 foot, 80 + year old trees, and the ground in Hackensack is very, very wet. 

We spent time in Cape May, buttoning things down as much as we could, and then came back North to wait out the storm.  I decided that I would take advantage of the storm and practice my elemental absorption exercises with the element of Air. My experiences are below beginning yesterday before noon and finishing just a few minutes ago.  I had an amazing time, and I'm still filled with lovely Air energy.


August 27th

11:26 am: Rain is just starting in Hackensack, 3 mph sustained winds with gusts to 7 mph.  Cape May has 10 mph sustained, with gusts to 21 mph.  The air is still heavy and has a feeling of waiting and wincing.  Irene has made landfall at the Outer Banks, with 85 mph sustained winds as of 11 am.  Visualizing the storm losing power. 

2:32 pm:  We’ve had some short periods of heavy rain in Hackensack, 5 mph sustained with gusts to 9 mph.  Cape May has rain, about 10 mph sustained winds with gusts to 29 mph.   Air is still humid and oppressive, but the sky is not quite as dark as it was earlier.

3:58 pm: Heavier rain in Cape May, wind gusts to 33 mph but sustained winds still about 10 mph.  Bob and I just took a good long walk.  The rain had stopped and there still was no bad wind, and we are assuming that we might soon be housebound, so we walked along the river.  The air is incredibly humid and oppressive; positively heavy with water.  I connected for a bit with the element of Air, and felt a sense of waiting, and a kind of “bunching of muscles before springing into action.”  The cone of power that is Hurricane Irene is building. 

7:28 pm:  Sitting on the front porch of Hackensack with Bob and Sean, my step-son.  It has cooled off immensely, only 75 degrees now.   Gusts of only 16, with 7 mph sustained, and it is raining, gently but a substantial rain, not a drizzle (but not a downpour).  Cape May is getting a break from some pretty steady substantial rain, but after the break comes the real storm, the stuff around the eye.  Right now, 18 mph sustained, with gusts at 37 mph; not too bad, but oy, I bet my dry crawlspace has water in it.

11:30 pm: Still about the same.  Windy, raining like crazy.  We are running out of wine, and probably going to go to bed soon.  I love the way the trees look as they dance, but I am still hoping that the gusts won’t reach the levels expected.  The incredible oppression that I was experiencing before is gone; in fact, there is an incredible amount of energy all over the place.  The cone of power has been released!!


August 28th

11:50 am:  We are very lucky.  No power outage, only about 3 inches of water in the basement (even though the sump pump has been running for hours).  I got up at about 4 am to check the basement, and it was just barely starting to flood.  The trees at that time were swaying, but not in a way that was alarming me, even though the ground is incredibly soaked.  I am feeling completely cleansed and recharged, because I was connecting to the element of Air all night.  The sylphs were positively ecstatic, trance dancing like crazy, and I joined them until I sagged with exhaustion and fell back to sleep, until almost 10 am, incredibly late for me.  My astral trance dancing was incredible!!  I have been a belly dancer since the mid 1980’s and I still did things I’ve never done before.  Wow, and wow!!!  I think that being with the energy as it built allowed me to be a part of the cone of power.  I feel great, cleaned out and very empowered.  Still have not heard about our Blue Moon House, but we are optimistic.  Will advise as soon as we get info.

1:45 pm: Leaving for Cape May.  We have heard that a small part of the Parkway is still closed, but we are crossing our fingers that the trip won’t be too bad.

6:00 pm: Yay!!  We are here, and our house is fine!  Lots of extra sand on the beach, beach boxes all over the place, but Cape May has survived, relatively unscathed.  Success!!   We will be having dinner with neighbors this evening, and I will finish the whole experience off with a New Moon Reiki Share with the Pagan Brain Trust.  Then back North tomorrow.


August 29th

It has been an amazing few days, filled with stresses and celebrations.  We have survived.  We are stronger.  Temperance, indeed!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment