Saturday, August 27, 2011


Six of Wands/Eight of Cups. I threw these exact cards with the Llewellyn Welsh Tarot just about a month ago; cool.  The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a change of direction.  I am hoping that these are optimistic cards for me today; I am seeing them as telling me that I will have confidence in my ability to deal with the challenges of the day.  No matter what, my mind will cooperate, and I will be able to use the energies of the day to get rid of things that are not of use to me any more.

My Thoth card is The Magus. The Magus or Magician corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick and animated energy which usually presents problems or challenges), Mercury (reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication), Beth (house; builder) and the Path between Binah (female, receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Kether (the source, limitless possibility), and he has the power to transform his world through the use of his Will and his connection to the Divine.  Another good card to have.  Today I will be able to tap into the energies around me and, along with the skills and talents I have attained and nurtured, be able to manifest my desires into reality.  Oh-kay!

My Legacy card is Death **gulp** flavored by the Three of Coins reversed. The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of transformation or change, both voluntary and involuntary, and the ending of an era.  This card validates and supports my Eight of Cups, and because Death is also a Water card, I may find that the transitions which happen today may be emotional. The Three of Coins (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) in an upright position tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  Because it is reversed, and flavoring my Death card, I am being told that while surviving the challenges of the day may involve teamwork and competence, availing myself of the lessons of the Death card with regard to the opportunities for learning growth and evolution will best be done in a solitary fashion.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that represents the completion of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of new beginnings, potential, and position.

My horoscopes: “Feelings of love for a romantic partner could be so overwhelming today you might be moved to tears, Sagittarius. You will experience a lot of sensual passion, so an intimate evening together is definitely called for if you can arrange it. If it isn't possible, don't jump to the conclusion that your friend doesn't desire you anymore. If your friend claims to be busy, it's probably true.”

And: “A rush of physical energy may hit you this morning, Nancy, and you might for a moment feel that you'll have no outlet for it. A sibling or neighbor, however, might need some assistance from you, so you'll definitely be able to put that energy to work. It should be an all-round good day for everyone. Your friend will receive some valuable help with an important matter, and you'll be able to make use of all that vigor!”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Cups.  Oh, this one fits for today!  The image on the card looks like a whirling hurricane cloud, and Bob and I will be spending the evening together, braving the storm.  This is a card of connections, all kinds of connections, and most importantly, an awareness of both the messages I give to those I am connected to through love, and the messages that are sent to me.  The liquid dance of the sea bursts to the surface, and the song echoes to the vast vault of the heavens.  From Shadowscapes Companion.  What a lovely image!!  I am going to use this card as I perform my elemental absorption exercises today.  In fact, I think I will use several cards.  I will use the Temperance card of the Llewellyn Welsh, as well as The Tower.  I will cross The Tower with Temperance.  I will also be laying out The Star from my Thoth Tarot.  I will place the Queen and the King of Swords on either side of these cards.  These cards will be my “talisman of safety” today.

It is about 10 am.  The air is humid and heavy and still; it is as if all of Nature is pausing and wincing before the blow.  According to the weather maps, it has begun to rain in Cape May; 6 mph sustained winds with 21 mph gusts.  That is up from just before I took my shower a bit ago from 4 mph sustained, 16 mph gusts.  Hello, Irene.

We spent yesterday preparing.  Bob and I got up at about 5:30, and drove down to Cape May.  We had been hearing rumors of the power being turned off and the Parkway becoming all Northbound, and we wanted to get to the Blue Moon House and batten down the hatches before the storm.  We had no trouble getting down and into the city; our biggest issue was finding an open gas station with gas.  We wanted to be sure that the tank was full.  Finally, success.

We boarded up the French doors and the window in the attic, took everything into the garage, and took down the wisteria and lattices and tied them all down.  All windows are closed and locked, and thanks to Carolyn’s advice, I took some dragons blood oil and drew the rune Hagall over all the windows and doors.  Hagall represents bad weather and disruption, and my intention as I drew the rune with the oil was to disrupt the force of the storm, to turn the energy of the storm back on itself, in order to lessen its effects.  Plus, Carolyn and I called upon the Forces of Air and our draconian guides, and asked for protection. 

My plan for the day is to be very aware of the energies as the storm approaches, and to continue to monitor and blog what is happening.  I am choosing to see this storm as an opportunity to experience the extremes of the effects of the elements.  I will be meditating with my own Elemental Guides, and with the Watchers of the cardinal directions, and performing elemental absorption exercises; should be an interesting day!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment