Tuesday, August 23, 2011

King of Pentacles/Ten of Cups reversed. The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical manifestation.  He finds opportunities when others are unable to get started, and he is calm, stable and informed.  He is dependable and very generous.  And he is telling me that I need to be him today. The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers happiness and fulfillment; my Ten is reversed today, and I may find that the day tends to present some uncomfortable feelings and emotions.  I need to take advantage of the perseverance of my King in order to turn that reversed Ten of Cups around.

My Thoth card is the Ten of Swords reversed.  “Ruin” is the upright keyword for The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) which in an upright position tells of bottoming out, and of feeling completely powerless.  Because this Ten is also reversed (which is a good thing, generally), I am being reminded that I have the knowledge and the wisdom to survive the possible unhappiness that could be indicated by the Ten of Cups reversed.

My Legacy card is The Star, flavored by the Ten of Cups reversed.  Hmmm . . . two of those Ten of Cups reversed cards, and actually, three Ten cards, all reversed. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) tells of having faith in the future, and LOL, with all these reversed Ten cards today, I need that faith.   This card also tells of generosity, and that may very well be the solution to these two reversed Ten of Cups cards.  After all, if we want to receive love, the best thing to do is offer love to others.  If we are lonely, we can’t sit there and wait for others to come to us; we must have faith and put ourselves out there. 

Each of my Ten of Cups reversed cards are paired with strong, confident and compassionate upright cards.  One pair is telling me that isolation and hurt can be healed by creating a safe, serene and nurturing environment, and the other pair is telling me that they can be healed by having faith and by offering to others what I want to receive.  And in the middle of these two pairs is the Ten of Swords reversed, another reversed Ten, which is telling me that I won’t give up, and I won’t surrender my personal power.  Okay, then.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “You couldn't dream of a better day to deal with all the little problems in your daily life - broken washing machine, money problems, minor health issues. If your doctor has given you a prescription, you can expect it would work like a miracle drug. Sagittarius, take care of the little things. It will take less time than you think!”

And: “Bask in the sunshine of this day. Focus on the positive aspects of your life and work to expand these energies. There is a great deal of opportunity open to you at this time. The key to honing in this is to stay close to the things that truly bring you the most happiness. The details will work themselves out with almost no effort. Have faith that you will succeed and you will.”

My Shadowscapes Insight re: Judgement.  What a beautiful card this is!  It reminds me that while sometimes we dread this time of accounting for ourselves, even a worse-case scenario of being judged harshly still means that we get to release our burdens.  We can’t answer the call to move onward and upward until we tie up the loose ends of our past efforts, and that is exactly the transition that is offered after we complete our work with Judgement.

This has been an interesting day.  At approximately 2 pm this afternoon, there was a 5.9 magnitude earthquake in Washington D.C.  I was walking to the bank when the temblor hit, and did not feel any shaking.  However, I did suddenly feel terrible, with pressure in my chest, anxiety, the shakes, and a sensation that I was going to pass out.  Now, I have a headache.  Thankfully, there are no reports of injuries, and only minor damage being indicated so far; friends are in our house in Cape May, and called to tell us that all was well, but that the house swayed.  Interestingly enough, there was also an earthquake in Colorado within the past 24 hours.  Add to that a hurricane that will most likely be sliding up the Eastern seaboard this week, and we have an unsettled atmosphere. 

I have been focusing so much on my spiritual self that I have maybe been neglecting my connection to my physical world.  LOL, well, my physical world is now jumping up and down and waving at me.  Okay, okay, I see you.  I am going to work with my lower three chakras for the rest of the day, in the hope that I will feel a bit more grounded, a bit more stable; time to be the Two of Pentacles.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment