Sunday, July 24, 2011


Six of Wands/Eight of Cups reversed. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test.  This is a very powerful card because it represents balanced Fire, and it tells of feeling pride in accomplishments, or maybe receiving acknowledgement from others regarding a job well done. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position tells of an ending or a change of direction, but since it is reversed, this Eight is supporting the Six of Wands.  There will be plenty of energy to go around today for me, and I will be able to accomplish things with ease, and persevere enough to collect my reward at the end of the day, maybe even before.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Swords reversed.  “Futility” is Crowley’s keyword for the upright Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness); in an upright position this card tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, usually through the use of deception and usually to the point of using unethical means.  Since my Seven of Swords is reversed, it is telling me that I will be interested in bringing the highest good to the group, rather than focusing only on my own needs, and I will not only willingly accept my responsibilities today, but willingly meet them as well.

My Legacy card is the Four of Wands reversed, flavored by the Two of Wands.  Okay then. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position is about building enough to become established, as a beachhead, a pause before continuing, not as a finished product.  Usually the reversed Four of Wands tells of a sense of bondage or of lethargy, but since it is being flavored by the Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic), which tells of the concept of applied power, I just might have the focus needed to turn that Four of Wands around.  Again, my cards seem to be working together to bring me one message.  Love when that happens!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.  The goal for today?

My horoscopes: “Yesterday's trajectory may run into trouble today, Sagittarius. Your intrinsically dreamy nature is dragging down the action you initiated. This conflict could create tension that will be difficult to resolve. Your emotions may deceive you, so try not to get pulled off course by a passing whim. Try to keep your feelings grounded.”

And: “Today will be full of contrasts -- while you will have a strong urge to get philosophical with your friends, you won't be able to really connect with them for deep conversations. Their minds will be elsewhere for a while, but that's okay. You cannot always be on the exact same page every day. This disconnect doesn't have to be a problem, especially if you choose to not take things too seriously. You all can get deep some other time.”

Technology: “Everything's in flux -- just the way you like it. Bonus: You have amped-up intellectual abilities and extra charm. Take a proactive role in the present and prepare to transform your future. Make sure you include your favorite people in your plans.”

My Sun reading: “The Sun shines on family and home, which becomes your happy center of the universe all day. If you're single or dating someone special, an amorous Taurus Moon accents your romantic encounters. Don't be surprised if you experience a few touches of psychic communication.”

One of the first things I do in the morning when I turn on my computer is check out the blogs of those I love and admire.  And this morning, I found a beautiful gem from my dearest Tara.  Tara and I are on parallel paths, and both of us are at the stage where no matter how many others are working with us and learning alongside us, our paths are solitary.  The experiences just don’t translate themselves to words, so they are hard to share. 

Here is the quote from Tara’s bog: “From the moment we are born, the world tends to have a container already built for us to fit inside: A social security number, a gender, a race, a profession or an I.Q. I ponder if we are more defined by the container we are in, rather than what we are inside. Would we recognize ourselves if we could expand beyond our bodies? Would we still be able to exist if we were authentically ‘un-contained’?

Paige Bradley – Expansion.

Oh my.  I’ve been asking myself this very question for months now. Not quite the exact words, but the same question.  What am I “becoming”?  Will I eventually raise my own vibrational level to the point that no one can see me, as described in The Celestine Prophecies?  Will I become unable to interact with those around me because they don’t know what the heck I’m talking about?  Will the men in the white coats come for me?  LOL, I know, I am being a bit dramatic, but these days, most humans don’t even acknowledge that they are more than just a physical body, so I sometimes wonder what will happen to those of us who have come to the realization that we have a bigger Task in life than making lots of money and accumulating lots of “stuff.”

In order to move past The Abyss, I need to know what I believe.  At this point, I know without question that I am an energy being that is existing within a physical world vehicle.  As I look back, I can see that my entire time studying my Craft has been actually focused on getting to know this energy being.  I might not have known it at the time, but I have been probing and sensing and experiencing this being, in part through my physical senses because when I first came to Wicca, those were the only senses I was aware of, but more and more, I am experiencing this energy being through my non-physical senses, and those are the experiences that are pretty much impossible to adequately put into words. 

It seems that the more I get to know this energy being, the less important my physical body becomes.  Oh, don’t get me wrong.  I do know how important it is to eat right and to exercise because the energy body cannot exist on the physical planes without its vehicle, and the vehicle needs to be kept in good running order.   And believe me, if I should forget this, Cernunnos smacks me good on the back of my head to remind me to connect to my physical body.

But perhaps a part of the disconnect from the physical world that I have been feeling more and more is connected to the question in the above quote.  Am I learning to recognize my “self” as she/he/it exists without the physical body?  I do know more and more what that energy body feels like.  I don’t know what it looks like or smells like or tastes like, and my physical senses are not able to offer any useful data in that regard to my brain.  I can, however, with increasing ease, connect with that energy being, and I feel that my connection is strong.  Perhaps my brain is on the verge of being able to accept what is being presented to me, and then it will be able to not only “hear” the messages being sent to me, but also “understand” them.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment