Friday, July 15, 2011

King of Wands reversed/The Wheel reversed. The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) has a Fiery nature, particularly if you see the rank of King as corresponding with the element of Fire. This King in an upright position is good at transforming his world to match his vision. Because the King is reversed, my forte today may not be in outwardly manifesting my own talents. Today may not be the day to make a big splash. The Wheel of Fortune corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Jupiter (expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune), Kaph (grasping hand), and the Path between Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and tells of coming change, both in an upright and reversed position. This change will happen in it’s own time and in it’s own way, whether I want it to or not, and I am being reminded that sometimes I just need to go with the flow.

My Thoth card is the Three of Cups. “Abundance” The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive tenacious, nurturing, moody) tells of the possibility of experiencing emotional abundance, emotional connections to others (mainly due to things in common), and emotional support as a part of the day. I may be filled with a sense of community, and those kinds of connections to every one and every thing are marvelous. I should make every effort to share them with others by consciously keeping them within my aura.

My Legacy card is The Empress, flavored by the King of Coins reversed. As I was shuffling, the Page of Cups jumped out of the deck not once but twice, so I will be adding that card to my Legacy throw today, also flavoring The Empress! The Empress corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity). She represents creativity, fertility, abundance, the physical body and its senses, and the material world and the workings of Nature, and most importantly she represents unconditional love. The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical manifestation; he is about working independently and still being effective. Because he is reversed, he is supporting the inner focus of The Empress. With two reversed Kings, I should not be worrying about outer manifestations today, at least not those manifestation to which I am the catalyst. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering), and corresponds to my connections to others and to my own inner self. This Page reminds me to open myself to all feelings and to enjoy them, because they are all valuable blessings, and also reminds me that forgiving reopens two-way connections.

My Pearls of Wisdom Full Moon card is The Lovers. The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) is a very powerful card for me personally, filled with symbolism, the least of which is the presence of Archangel Uriel and His effects on my day. And He has had a voice, a synchronistic voice, for me. The Lovers is not only about love (both my own love and relationships, and the sacred love shared between Goddess and God), but it is about personal choices, and both love and personal choices will come into play for me today. The description of this card in the Pearls of Wisdom LWB tells us that The Lovers represents the union of Goddess and God, and reminds us that the energy of Their pleasure ripples throughout the Universe, feeding all life. The Lovers is the number 6 card of the Major Arcana, which is a number of balance, both horizontal and vertical (and *smile* my 6-digit date number for today).

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Someone who lives near you who may not have said much to you before could suddenly strike up a conversation that results in a new friendship, Sagittarius. You could be wondering why you didn't speak to him or her before. You could share a number of interests, and because of that, you could learn about some new group activities. Don't push too hard, and don't idealize your new friend.”

And: “Your empathy should be the very first tool you reach for when you find yourself involved in a difficult conversation today. You can improve any tense situation by trying to understand and respect what is motivating the other person -- today, this will be sort of like solving a puzzle. You usually relate well to other people, but you have not always made the most of this skill. Be very conscious about what you say today.”

Technical: “Coax every muscle of your body into listening posture because information is flying in flocks left and right. Observe, perk up and take good notes -- that way you will be on the same page as your boss and coworkers.”

My Sun reading: “Someone or something from the past turns up unexpectedly and could be the day's bright spot. Tonight's social scene is populated with friends who appeal to the mind rather than the emotions. A good time can be had by all while each one dances to a different drummer.”

Again I was drawn to Danu’s Well. I arrived once again in daylight, with the air warm and sticky, no sounds or breezes to be had. The difference was that today, Danu was waiting for me, standing on the other side of Her Well, and as soon as I looked into Her eyes, I was filled to overflowing with Her Essence. Such love, such caring. Even now it overflows me, and it brings tears to my eyes as I type this entry. She smiled in welcome, and said “I have been waiting for you.”

She then told me that She was pleased with the work I have been doing, but She offered me a reminder. “The learning and growing is important, My Daughter, but do not become so enmeshed in these efforts that you forget why you began the journey of enlightenment in the first place. It is this very connection to Me which is even now overwhelming you that is the Purpose of life and of living. Everything else, all of your experiences both good and bad in this lifetime, is presented to you so that you may have the opportunity to see Me, to know Me, to understand Me, and thus to experience reunion with Me. Do not learn only for learning’s sake, for then the knowledge becomes a burden. Make learning a sacred journey always, and you will continue to grow closer to Me. Look to My Lord for an example; like the trauma of your own birth into this lifetime, He endured separation from Me solely so that He could experience, again and again, reunion with Me. You are given this very same option; I am waiting, always, with open arms, but you must choose to return to Me.”

She then walked around Her well to stand before me. I gazed into Her eyes, and for a moment I glimpsed the Universe, in all its glory, behind those eyes, felt the rightness of its Machinery, and sensed the limitlessness of the Sacred Feminine and Her ability to love all of Her children, whoever they are and whatever they choose to do. For a moment I also felt Her connection to every living thing, and I knew that the love She offers has no ties or strings, for She intends that we all manifest according to our own individual will and intention. I understood that the Goddess does not judge, for She is Potential, not manifestation, and She is Possibility, not actual events. We are each the catalyst that brings to life Her Essence within us. The shining silver light of Her love then blazed beyond what my physical eyes could bear, and for a moment I was blinded. When I could see again, She was gone.

Talk about responsibility. All of the things that I am studying and learning about work quite well on their own, as pure intellectual exercises. But choosing to make all these efforts into an attempt to understand not only the source of my physical self, but also to understand my own psyche and its Source, kind of brings purpose to it all. Purpose with a capital “P.”

As I re-read my card throw for the day, I see a theme: an awareness of blessings, all connected to the giving and receiving of love. The Three of Cups, the Page of Cups, The Lovers and The Empress in one day. Lots of llluuuuvvvvv. My Page is telling me to open myself to all feelings, the Three of Cups is telling me to get high on friendship and connections. While The Lovers card shows me how to love with awareness, the essence of the entire being of The Empress is love. Like the Goddess who She represents (along with The High Priestess), She manifests that love within the workings of Nature; indeed, Nature is the gown She wears so that we can perceive Her and know She is with us. The love of The Empress does not come with conditions or judgments, and thus it does not bind us in any way; instead it feeds us perpetually, and is never depleted. The Lovers card brings love with responsibility, because we are not only offering love, but also opening ourselves to receive love and responding to the offering of love, and a response is a choice (and has consequences and thus, carries responsibility).

I am also being reminded of the past, and being offered a glimpse of the future. The Lovers is the Major Arcana card connected to the 17th Path, which brings together Beauty and Understanding. The Empress is the Major associated with the 14th Path, the next Path I will be working with. The 14th Path connects Wisdom with Understanding, and oh my, it sounds like Lady Danu is preparing me for this one!

And once again, words are not enough to describe what I am feeling right now.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment