Monday, July 11, 2011


Ace of Wands/Three of Wands reversed. The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the first spark of a new and exciting creative process, and an encouraging and empowering awareness of my own valuable creative talents.  This card is telling me to have confidence in my own ability to create what I need, and it is telling me to have the courage to allow things to manifest, even if that manifestation appears beyond my ability. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) in an upright position tells of being successfully established after effort, of taking a position of responsibility and of being supported by others.  This card is connected to the potential of the Ace of Wands, but since it is reversed, it is telling me that I have not yet tapped into the ability to actually create something new.  Without that Ace, I would say that the reversed Three is telling me to be a bit more conservative, but instead, I think it is telling me to be patient, and alert.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Swords. The Prince/Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is not afraid of taking action, not afraid of wading into conflicts, and not afraid to implement new ideas.  Emotions and compassion are absolutely not a part of his M.O., and for the good or the bad, he believes in himself completely. He can be a bit rude, sarcastic and domineering, but usually without realizing it. Crowley sees the Prince of Swords as being full of ideas which tumble over each other.  I might need to remind myself to ground every so often today.

My Legacy card is Strength reversed, flavored by the Six of Swords reversed. The traditional meaning for the Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured) is the presence of the ability to tame our primitive and wild emotions.  Because it is reversed, I may tend to not be able to deal with blockages or frustrations; I need to be particularly careful to control my emotions. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about hitting the reset button in order to move away from a problem or blockage.  The card is reversed, but it is here, so that reset may be difficult to tap into but if I am persistent, I will succeed.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces to the number 2, which represents balance and polarity. 

My horoscopes: “Don't turn down any opportunities today, Sagittarius, even if they seem like dead-ends at first. One could be your lucky break. Realize that success doesn't always have a big neon sign pointing you in the right direction. Prosperity simply comes when you act freely and instinctively. This is one of those days in which an unmarked door could lead you to the path of happiness and health.

And: “Just when you thought a relationship was over and done with, today it will get a huge injection of new energy! Get ready for a new beginning -- complete with all the excitement, enthusiasm and adorable awkwardness it had the first time around. This is your chance to do things over again, with a lot more honesty and a lot more confidence. People seldom get second chances in life, so you should greet this opportunity with your typical gratitude and grace.

Technical: “Long-term projects will provide the most opportunity to stretch your creative muscles. Paired with the right partner, you could be a real visionary, shaping the path of your company or division for years to come.

My Sun reading: “Dress for and expect success today. There's much decisiveness and power in thoughts and plans under the opportunity aspect between Mercury and Mars. Tonight you and another settle matters of importance with a Moon/Saturn connection. If you're single, the Moon and Venus say there could be a hot date in store.

I’ve been having a wonderful and busy weekend.  I’ve taken Caroline to just about every special place in Cape May, Higbee Beach, Sunset Beach, Davey’s Lake, Point Park, and our beach.  We’ve seen dolphins by the hundreds, a lovely doe and her fawn, falcons, osprey, bunnies and hawks.  We’ve done sunsets on the beach, had some great meals, and some awesome discussions.  I’ve gotten her up on a bike, and I’ve gotten her into the ocean (on a particularly challenging day) and the Bay.  LOL, I think Carolyn will sleep well when she gets home, but she has really enjoyed herself. 

Onward with the 16th Path.  In “More Simplified Magic: Pathworking and the Tree of Life,” Ted Andrews names the 16th Path as the Gate of Royalty.  To him, this Path is connected to the Knights of the Round Table, and their noble intention.  The 16th Path can also be considered the end result of the marriage of the Higher Self and the Lower Self presented in The Lovers and the 17th Path. 

Andrews says: “The tarot card for this Path is The Hierophant, a symbol for the upliftment of the soul.  This card’s imagery is linked to the archetypal energies contributing to the spirit of the Divine on Earth in any number of ways.  Through the use of this card, conditions manifest to help us learn to defend our beliefs and to live by the truth.  Upon this Path we learn to face all false sense of security as well as our ancestral fears.  It is the Path of freedom for us only when we are released from everything that is not our own belief.  Interestingly, the spiritual gift of the 16th Path is freedom of belief.  This means both becoming free from the beliefs that don’t work for us (through experiencing them and understanding them completely so we can release them), and free to embrace those that work for us.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment