Thursday, July 14, 2011


The Fool reversed/Ten of Wands reversed.  The Fool is an Air card (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), and it also corresponds with Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool presents some powerful energies, even in a reversed position; I am being told that for today, convention will do the trick.  Also, I may find that things aren’t flowing very easily but that could be because some kind of ending is at hand.  Either upright or reversed, The Fool reminds me that power is neutral, it is the user who is either good or evil.  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position tells of the blocking of the creative power of the suit of Wands, most likely because the Fire of creativity has run out of fuel.  In a reversed position, it actually contrasts the reversed Fool card to some extent (because it indicates being carefree and able to live in the moment), but it also tells me that the slowdown indicated by the reversed Fool may offer me an opportunity to let go of responsibilities for a bit.  Okay, I can do that.

My Thoth card is the Five of Cups.  “Disappointment” is Uncle Al’s keyword for this card.  The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of the cloudy sludge that is stirred up when still waters are disturbed.  The Thoth Five of Cups in an upright position has its empty cups arranged in the shape of an inverted pentagram, indicating the subservience of Spirit to the other elements, which indicates a lack of connection to all emotions.  Thankfully, the card is reversed, so the upright meanings may appear but they won’t have much power to distract me.

My Legacy card is The Lovers, flavored by the Nine of Swords.  The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) is a very powerful card for me personally, filled with symbolism, the least of which is the presence of Archangel Uriel and His effects on my day.  The Lovers is about love, both mundane and sacred, and it is about acknowledging strong bonds.  This card also instructs me to do what it takes to find out what matters to me, to validate what I believe and what I do not believe.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, the kind that takes place in the wee hours of the morning.  It is telling me that while a bit of worry is not a bad thing, allowing myself to be distracted by guilt or regret or fear is a waste of good energy.  Yes, knowing that challenges may present themselves to me today that require that I choose may be bringing a tinge of anxiety, but I need to relax.

My 6-digit date number is 5, the number of motion which gets rid of stagnation. 

My Horoscopes: “The possibility of your pursuing new career opportunities, perhaps with more pay, might cause doubts and insecurities among family members, Sagittarius. They could be afraid that you will have less time for them. It's important that you reassure them, as their worries might escalate if you just let it slide. Make it clear that you're still there for them. This might alleviate their doubts and yours.”

And: “As a quiet calm comes over your emotional life, expect other areas of your life to grow more peaceful as well. For any social outings today, try to choose an intimate spot that's conducive to private conversations. Avoid crowded places with loud music or a raucous clientele. Even your wardrobe should reflect your inner calmness -- it should feature neutral colors and comfortable fabrics that frame your face. Let your personality provide all the color.”

Technology:  “Signal strength is strong between you and the boss. Refresh the relationship by keying into the most pressing needs of your organization. By doing this, you'll attain more empowerment and less distortion in the near term.”

My Sun reading: “You energetically run the gamut of feelings and serious thoughts. You unite the former with others and together realize mutual objects. Tonight you and someone important to you may decide to step things up a notch under the Full Capricorn Moon. Talk about defining moments!”

Despite the presence of The Lovers in my card throw for the day, which usually indicates that Archangel Uriel has some message for me, I am feeling drawn to sit by Danu’s Well today.  I need the peace and quiet, I need the renewal that comes with allowing Her energy to wash over me.  Since this is Full Moon Eve, I will have time without distractions to think of the future. 

The sun was out when I arrived at the Well, just past its peak, and it was a bit warm.  But the air coming up from the depths was cool and damp and refreshing.  All was quiet; no breeze, no birds; it was as if I was alone in the world.  But I could feel the sacred energies spewing forth from the depths of the Well, waves and waves of them, washing over me and filling me.

How can I describe how I feel?  I know that I keep saying the same thing over and over again, but words just don’t work.  I am filled with such warmth, like a Sun blazing in my Hara Point, and I know that this is what it feels like to touch Deity.  I love this feeling of connection . . . no, I crave it.  When I am filled like this with the sacred essence of my Goddess, all of my focus is inward, almost as if I am shielded from the outside world.  I need to feel this energy wash over me and fill me, for it cleanses me and recharges me; it reminds me that I do have a Purpose.  Even if it seems that the deeper I immerse myself in my own personal Great Work, the less I am able to describe what I experience to others. 

After filling myself with Her essence, I took out my new BOS, and finally began to write in it.  After the Water Magick Carolyn and I did this past weekend, I finally feel that my New Moon and Full Moon Esbats are complete; now I begin the task of memorializing my own personal rituals in my BOS.  This is a huge step for me, but I am ready.  The Great Work, however, continues on.

As promised yesterday, I did a bit of comparing of the 16th Path and the 15th Path.  There are differences between them.  Both end in Chokmah, the Sphere of God, but the 16th Path originates in Chesed, perfect love which comes to us through understanding our life experiences, while the 15th Path originates in Tiphareth, the Child of the Goddess and God who already knows true balance.  The Tarot Major associated with the 16th Path is The Hierophant, who both learns and teaches because of his own life experiences; he is paying forward and teaching others in response to those who paid forward and taught him.  The Tarot Major associated with the 15th Path is The Emperor, who reminds us that imbalance only happens when we are not existing in accordance with the laws of the land.  This is a different authority than that owned by The Hierophant.  The Emperor imposes order upon his world through his authority, and that authority is owned by him because he has learned to wield it for higher good. Both Paths involve achieving knowledge and understanding that with knowledge comes responsibility.  Each manifests that responsibility in a different way, the 16th Path as a Teacher and the 15the Path as a Father.  Each provides me with a glimpse of the Goal, that which lies across The Abyss.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment