Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Four of Wands reversed/Justice. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, as a beachhead, or about a pause before continuing. Because my Four is reversed, I may find that the day has a flat or stagnant feel to it. Hopefully the energies of Justice will dilute the stagnation so that it does not become more oppressive. Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed). Because Justice is about cause and effect, I just might be able to determine what is preventing me from tapping into the positive energies of the Four of Wands. Maybe all I need is a bit of adjustment!

My Thoth card is the Seven of Swords reversed. “Futility” reversed, and that is a good thing. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, usually through the use of deception and usually to the point of using unethical means. I need to be conscious today that the flatness of the day’s energies just might bring the potential of blurring my ability to determine right from wrong. This card in a reversed position does not actively lure me towards unethical behavior, but it does blur or distract my perception a bit.

My Legacy card is The Star reversed, flavored by the Page of Swords. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) represents love kindled by hope for humankind, and the fulfillment that comes in response to giving to others. It is reversed, so again I am being told about the potential for blocked energies. My reversed Star is flavored by the Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality), who brings the message of the Ace of Swords (the potential for challenges which can be solved through the use of the intellect and which can offer opportunities for growth), and who imitates the Queen of Swords, but in a less effective or less mature manner. Again, I am being reminded to be very aware of right and wrong.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “Some strange communications could come your way today, Sagittarius. Hang-ups or blank e-mails could have you wondering who the person is and what they want from you. This is probably due more to problems with phone lines or Internet connections than to anything else, so don't waste time worrying. If you think you know who's trying to reach you, wait until tomorrow and contact him or her.”

And: “Prioritize your expenditures today -- are you putting all your resources into the right places? You don't have to cut back on all your expenses -- spending money isn't wrong, but you do have to make sure that you're opening you wallet at the right times (and for the right reasons). The things that will bring you long-term results are still wise investments. Avoid tossing around too much money on insubstantial things -- like fancy food and convenient cab rides.”

Technology: “A few mission-critical tasks on your list are dying on the vine. Stop hesitating; nourish and prune the project to protect your stake in it. Bringing these thorny assignments to fruition will create a showpiece for you and your team.”

My Sun reading: “You feel in control of your life and your relationships when Venus aspects Saturn. You will find that to be a good thing when the Moon squares Uranus and sends a few exciting and stimulating changes during the afternoon and evening hours.”

Okay, then. The 15th Path. This one is going to be interesting for not only does it bridge Da’at, but this Path connects Tiphareth and Chokmah. Since Tiphareth is the Lesser Countenance (a “reflection” of Kether, the Greater Countenance) and represents the Sun and the concept that karma is about evolution and not punishment, and since Chokmah is also solar in nature (it represents the Wheel of the Year) and corresponds to both independence and devotion, this just might be a more gentle Path for me. **crosses fingers**

This is the Angelic Gateway across The Abyss. Guides become both more recognizable while working with this Path, and more tangible, and I may find that I will be working with Them in detail as I learn deeper ways to understand both divine laws and the human laws of life. Working with this Path teaches us that balance is only upset when we are not in tune with the necessary order of things, and that just might be my main focus. Of course, in order to abide by the rules, I must first understand those rules, and experience their manifestation. What did I just say about this path being more gentle for me?

I wonder if regret and even bitterness will manifest through the efforts I expend to understand this Path. Somehow I get the feeling that I will be thinking about mistakes of the past, for that is the best way for me to learn how to act in the future. But the reassuring thing here is that I won’t be alone. Archangel Uriel, Ailm, and my other Guides will be there with me, as will my Patronesses and my Patron; even if They are the ones who present the lessons, They will not abandon me.

The Hebrew letter associated with this Path is Heh, the window, and it tells us to allow light and air in. Indeed, I expect that the next few days will end up shining a light within me so that I can see what is there. Heh is the fifth letter in the alphabet, and since the number 5 is about motion, the uses of this letter are often connected to some kind of motion. Heh can be said to mean “to breathe,” or to allow air and light in; seeing and breathing are two pretty important aspects of life.

I found some further information about Heh. When used in Hebrew, “He” can mean “that” (as in “that book”), it can be asking a question, or it can be indicating movement towards something. Also, the letter Heh is used in Hebrew as a representation of the name of God. Generally, Heh means clarity, knowledge and magnetism. It makes sense, then, that the Tarot Major associated with this Path is The Emperor, but I think that tomorrow, I may need to compare the 16th Path and The Hierophant with the 15th Path and The Emperor. I get the feeling that the differences between the two Paths are subtle, but important.

I must say that these last few Paths, the ones that span The Abyss, are quite powerful, yet the effects of working with them are more and more difficult to describe. The experiences, and their resulting changes within me, are becoming more subtle (but no less powerful), and in a way that makes sense, for I am moving up the Tree of Life from the most physical of the sephiroth towards the least understandable sephiroth. I am understanding what I am being shown, don’t get me wrong; I just can’t quite describe the experiences.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment