Tuesday, March 1, 2011

King of Pentacles/Page of Swords reversed. The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical manifestation. He is very good at managing resources and overseeing growth, and he is very good at being patient. The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) brings the message of the Ace of Swords (the potential for challenges which can be solved through the use of the intellect and which can offer opportunities for growth) to the day. This Page reminds me that while the structure and caution of the King of Pentacles is of use to me today, I should not hesitate to ask “why?”

My Thoth card is the Ace of Cups reversed. The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells of the possibility of the beginning of a relationship of some kind, one that may be filled with the potential to bring enlightenment and understanding. Because the card is reversed, love and connections may not be the answer to the question today.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by the Five of Coins. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is not afraid of taking action, not afraid of wading into conflicts, and not afraid to implement new ideas. Emotions and compassion are absolutely not a part of his M.O., and for the good or the bad, he believes in himself completely. Combined with the other two Court Cards of the day’s throw, I am seeing lots of Air and Earth; a bit of an imbalance. The Five of Coins (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious) in the Legacy Tarot is about charity; sometimes we are in need of it, badly, and sometimes we are gifted with the opportunity to offer it to another. Charity is paired with dire need, and since this is a Coins card, that need will most likely appear in my physical world, either regarding money, security or health. This Five of Coins is flavoring the Knight of Swords; I need to remember that impulsively acting to save the day may have some not so good consequences.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “Today, Sagittarius, consider that artistic expression can happen in many ways. It isn't always about drawing a picture, singing a song, playing music, or acting. The way that you arrange your home or workspace is an artistic expression. So are how you dress and do your hair. Each thing you do is an expression of you and your choice of style. Being uniquely artistic is innate for you.”

And: “Social invitations, shameless flirts and amazing travel opportunities are all wonderful things to encounter in your life -- but today, you need to try to avoid them! Keep away from anything that could lure you away from your primary focus. Whether you are trying to accomplish a work goal, study for an important exam or just work up the courage to ask someone out, you do not need anything to distract you. Isolate yourself from the parties and stick to serious subjects.”

And: “The study of psychology might be especially appealing for you today. Some new discoveries in this field, which you may have heard about in the mass media, could have piqued your interest and might propel you toward the library to find books on the subject. This is a good time to pursue this. Your mind is in the right space to understand it, and it could shed a lot of light on those around you - including yourself!”

My Sun reading: “Today everyone feels good. People are cooperative and friendly when the Aquarius Moon sextiles Jupiter. Tonight's romantic forecast? Expect a feeling of love at first sight early in the evening, but then a cool front arrives and people say, “Wait, let's just be friends,” and it's OK.”

The last ten days or so have been absolutely crazy. I was busy in work, busy after work, and struggling a bit to keep up. But I made it through the busy time, and even spent several long hours on the couch yesterday with a supermarket romance. Today, I was filled with energy, painting and then continuing to put things back together in Cape May after our recent construction work.

Back to my Pathworking tomorrow! Plus, I owe some people some emails (*waves to Tara*).

$

1 comment: