Monday, March 21, 2011

Eight of Cups/Seven of Swords reversed. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a change of direction. Often this change is voluntary, and involves the sacrifice or giving up of something that may not be healthy or positive. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, usually to the point of using unethical means. Crowley sees this card as weak; it tells us that cunning will work better than forcing the issue, but often when we use cunning, ethics become blurred. Thankfully, the card is reversed, so while there may be some regret as the releases of the Eight begin to happen, I should be able to allow things to progress.

My Thoth card is the Four of Swords. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) tells of the need of some time of rest and recuperation, usually to be brought about by a time of truce or pause. This card is similar to some extent as The Hanging Man, but since it is of the suit of Swords, this pause is not necessarily about changing perception, but rather it indicates a pause that helps me to prepare to re-engage. It can also represent the balance of power that acts as a deterrent to attack, which is why Crowley calls it “Truce.”

My Legacy card is the Four of Wands, flavored by the Ace of Wands. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, as a beachhead, a pause before continuing, not as a finished product. The Ace of Wands (Cancer, Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the first spark of a new and exciting creative process, and an encouraging and empowering awareness of my own valuable creative talents. Sounds like things are going to get interesting around here!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that represents a focused attempt to maintain balance and harmony.

My horoscopes: “Today your imagination is likely to be flying high, Sagittarius, drawing on past images and events that you may have forgotten. You may wonder about the commercial potential of your thoughts. A conversation with a friend who knows this subject could prove enlightening. Write your ideas down and learn as much as you can about your various options over the next few days. You might be surprised!”

And: “Whatever happens today, you should trust your judgment. If something doesn't seem legitimate or someone doesn't seem genuine, then steer clear as quickly as possible. You might feel like it's easier to just suffer through something, but it really isn't. The time you waste tolerating unacceptable behavior could be much better spent working on your own goals, enjoying time by yourself or just relaxing. Remember, your time is yours to spend anyway you want to.”

And: “If you are not careful there is a strong possibility that you will overindulge today. Your career frustrations may manifest themselves in the form of overeating, excess drinking or reckless spending. These are just symptoms that are masking the real problem. If you can take some time to meditate, you will find that your nerves calm and the root of your frustrations are revealed. Once you are working with the facts, it will be easier to devise an effective solution.”

My Sun reading: “With a conjunction of the Sun and Uranus, genius ideas abound, but follow-through is the key to success. You'd better obey the rules while you're at it, too. Tonight's revelation could be that one person is more involved than the other, at least for the time being.”

Yesterday’s drive up from Cape May was lovely. During my journey, I went to Danu’s Well, and Lady Danu joined me. She told me that the reason she had kept me away from the Well lately (and the reason that Archangel Uriel was appearing to me standing in an empt Winter field) is that Danu wanted me to achieve my recent aha! moment from my own energy, not from the Well. “You must find the power here, and her, and here,” She said, as She pointed to my third eye chakra, my heart chakra and my solar plexus chakra. “Those are the sources of the knowledge you seek.” Then She continued, “But for today, you should focus on balance, My Daughter; balance that comes from within.” And that was my focus as I drove.

I reached the part of the trip where I usually connect with Cernunnos. The road is being widened, and so many trees that have become friends to me have been cut down. For weeks now, I mourn as I pass this area. On this trip, as I passed mile marker 54, Cernunnos joined me.

“Do not despair, Daughter of Danu; life will prevail,” He whispered. And He showed me a vision of the same swath of cleared land, later in the Summer. New growth was already reappearing. I realized that He was right; humanity can certainly create surface changes in our world, but life will indeed prevail.

And so, I think of balance and equilibrium as I sit here. I attended the Sacred Mists afternoon Ostara Sabbat Ritual, and I am feeling a deep connection to my fellow students and to the energies of this time of new growth. This has been a lovely respite.

I will finish this post with words posted by a fellow Sacred Mists student:

If the Goddess had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it,
if She had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
She sends you flowers every spring and sends you a sunrise every morning; face it friend, She is crazy about you.

The Goddess didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but She did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Read this line very slowly and let it sink in: If the Goddess brings you to it, She will get you through it!

The brightest of Ostara Blessings!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment