Friday, May 14, 2010

Two of Wands/The Star. Two of Wands again! A choice is coming, for sure. The Two of Wands is about receiving the first glimpse of a possible result, and then choosing to apply personal power toward bringing the vision to life. This Two is a Minor Arcana equivalent to The Magician, and the meanings of that card apply to some extent. The Star (Aquarius: “I know,” the group, cause-oriented, eccentric; Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts; and Tsadi, fish hook, experience or thought) has a subtle light, but often when things are most dark we don’t need a klieg lamp to see our way. The Star is telling me to think and contemplate, and to have faith that things will end up to my benefit.

My Thoth card is The Sun. Woohooo!! “Give forth thy light to all without doubt; the clouds and shadows are no matter for thee. Make Speech and Silence, Energy and Stillness, twin forms of thy play.” Crowley feels that this is a good card to see, but in typical Crowley fashion, he reminds us that The Sun (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes); Sun, inner core of person or situation, deep self, influential power; Resh, face or reason) has the power to burn us to a crisp if we are not careful. Glory and triumph are wonderful, but if we allow ourselves to be blinded by the light, we just might step on someone we care about.

My Legacy card is the King of Cups. The cusp of Libra (“we are,” partnerships, cooperation, lazy) and Scorpio (“I desire,” deep, secretive, obsessive), the Legacy Tarot sees the Kings as corresponding with Air, so this King would be Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts) of Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts), and would represent the emotions being supported by the intellect. This King is very much in touch with his subtle powers of awareness, and thus he is in touch with everyone and every thing in his kingdom. He is very good at assisting others to deal with dark issues, but sometimes he neglects his own needs as he helps others.

My Pearls of Wisdom New Moon card is the Nine of Cups reversed. Besides the usual messages of this card, in an upright position this Pearls of Wisdom Nine of Cups tells of feeling a love of the Divine as gratitude for the blessings offered, and a conscious movement towards enlightenment. These concepts may be blocked today, but they are there. Since the new moon is less than 24 hours old, I am seeing the presence of this card in a reversed position within my reading for the day as indicating the approach of an awareness of the Divine source of my blessings and the beginning of new and conscious movement toward enlightenment. These are to be my focuses during the waxing moon.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel) which reduces to 2. The next step after determining Position is to seek balance and manifestation through determining Distance From.

My horoscope: “Sometimes dreams seem like just that - dreams. Travel, a project, or a new home could be a few of the things you've been trying to accomplish for some time now. Making any one of these dreams come true possibly means jeopardizing relationships. Your dreams could seem particularly unattainable today. Perhaps you must first do some work on your relationships before you can realize your dreams.”

The new moon was last night at 9:04 pm, which was when the Pagan Brain Trust met online to “awaken the dragon” and perform a Reiki Share. J found a chatroom that we could all use, and everyone but L was online (L is sick so she participated in the Share from her bed). Before tapping into the Reiki energy, I cast a circle around myself, and the coolest thing happened! After gazing at our PBT Reiki Sigil, I closed my eyes, visualized the other four quite clearly, and then began to send Reiki. I allowed the heat to increase, I accessed the energy of each of the four traditional Reiki symbols, and I even took the time to open myself to receiving Reiki and felt my body tingle intensely, starting with my heart chakra and emanating outward from there. I opened my eyes to check the time because I was afraid that too much time had passed and I had gone way past our 10 minutes. To my surprise, I was only two minutes into our Share! I really was able to sense the difference in time flow between within my circle and outside of my circle. I could reach out and touch the skin that had formed on the outside of my circle where the two timelines met.

Then, I tried something new. Since I had given each of the other four at least one Reiki attunement, I was suddenly curious to see if there was an additional connection that was increasing my awareness of the effects of our Share. So, I began to perform the Violet Breath, and when I felt that I had built up a charge, I released the energy. I noted the time, 9:07, and then moved on with the Share.

I actually felt our Reiki Dragon coil around me, like a purring cat, towards the end of the Share, and my whole torso was tingling intensely. At 9:14, I ended the flow of Reiki and closed my circle out. We all shared our experiences for a moment, and the most exciting time for me was when E mentioned feeling a blip at 9:07! She felt my Violet Breath!!

Is a Reiki Share more intense when performed by practitioners of the same Lineage? Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that this is the only way to become aware of new sensations, but does this common thread represent one way to intensify the Reiki Share experience? I am looking forward to hearing details of the experiences of the rest of the group.

I will be alone in Cape May on Sunday, and I am bringing 12 Wild Swans down with me; I am hoping to get some of Third Degree Lesson 1 ready for submission. After reading Storm’s awesome experiences after revisiting this book, I am exited and optimistic about this. I feel the need to take some time to focus on my own training, and the New Moon is a great time for that.

Mystery and I will be working on some teaching materials on Sunday as well. And I will probably need to mow the lawn, and at least get my hands a wee bit dirty. Should be a productive day. *crosses fingers*

$

No comments:

Post a Comment