Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Five of Wands/King of Wands. Aha, had this card yesterday! Today, though, it is paired with the King of Wands (the cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” and Leo, “I am”), the expert at bringing ideas to manifestation. Yes, my day may still be filled with all kinds of ideas, each with their own powerful agenda, but I just may be able to make use of the chaotic dance of energy in order to discern a new and effective way of manifesting my needs and desires. I need to remember that sometimes in order to keep the energy flowing smoothly and effectively, I need to allow a bit of venting. If I choose the time of venting, rather than allowing the pressure to build to an unplanned explosion, I can make use of the release of pressure.

My Thoth card is the Four of Cups. “Luxury,” and a warning. How very much Crowley-like! I am told that experiencing pleasure can be good, as long as I remember that this kind of pleasure is inherently weak, and tends to sap any focus or drive that is directed outside of the realm of pleasure. So it is okay to experience pleasure and satisfaction, but that experience needs to be infused with an expiration date!

My Legacy card is the Six of Cups. All of the Sixes are pleasurable cards at least to some extent, even the Six of Swords. But this Six is the best of the lot, for it represents the enjoyment of simple pleasures, pleasures that don’t cost much but are beyond value. While there is certainly more effort to come, for today I can just allow myself to feel good, to feel happy, to feel Balanced, and to accept results, whether good or bad, as beneficial.

My 6-digit date number is 7, which represents that pause which happens as Balance begins to degenerate but decomposition is not yet apparent.

My horoscope: “Be persistent and don't give up the fight today, Sagittarius. It might seem as if you aren't making progress and that it's harder to make decisions about anything. You'll find that other people are just as confused as you. Find a clever way to express what you feel. You can sort the issues out with the help of others as long as you're in touch with your inner state.”

I had a long talk with Lady Raven last night on IM, and she supported and backed me 100% in my thoughts and expectations of myself, of my fellow teachers and facilitators, and those who are under all of our care. I am always grateful that Lady is willing to spend the time, usually during “off hours” when she should be with her family, to discuss situations and ease worries. This is the second time in just a few days that Lady has offered this; Sunday evening we spent a large chunk of time laying the groundwork for the solutions of the issue I am working on within the Reiki Course Forums. Hopefully a solution will manifest that is fair to everyone.

Even though I am immersed in Third Degree training at Sacred Mists, which is in a sense preparing me to perform Lady Raven’s job, I don’t know if I would want to carry the responsibility of caring for the well being of so many. My Goddess, how is she not crushed by the weight? I am just a few days away from my seventh anniversary of joining Sacred Mists; over the years I have watched, both from afar as a First Degree Dedicant, and then gradually closer as a First and then Second Degree Initiate and then as a Student Council Member, as Lady Raven dealt with conflict after conflict. She is a human being, and subject to the dictations of her own needs and desires, and yet I have watched her consistently make the best decision for the Community, no easy task when you take into consideration the needs of at this writing over 1,500 members!!

Sacred Mists, at least thus far in my experience, is a wonderful creation. The College is set up to maintain itself, training is set up so that the students can get what they put into their lessons back again, from the first lesson of the newest First Degree Dedicant all the way through Third Degree Training. What does this mean? It means that every single student is given the power to choose how deep an experience they desire. Do you want only superficial knowledge of Wicca in order to bring its basic core values into your life, but don’t have the time or the drive to go more in depth? That is fine, and while there is a minimum requirement for passing the lessons (and I can attest to that because I am one of the First Degree Homework Graders), students who meet that minimum requirement are passed, even if they choose to not bring depth into their studies.

The same holds true throughout the Degree Training. I can attest to the fact that the opportunities for very in-depth study and for amazingly powerful personal growth are there. But they are only available to those who are willing to take the responsibility for their own education and growth. No one else can do this for me, only I can choose to be open to the opportunities, and if I am not open, whether consciously choosing to not do what is necessary or subconsciously blocking the opportunities, it will not happen. And anyone who says that they find nothing new to learn at Sacred Mists, no matter what their prior experiences, is not doing the work, and is not opening themselves to the potential presented to them.

No dance students again last night, but I was able to sit and talk and plan with Elena a bit. Elena is very excited about my upcoming certification in Thai Massage, and wants to offer my services through the shop. I planted another seed last night, and asked Elena if there was any one offering Reiki training and attunements right now; she said there was not, and seems interested in having me present some classes and attunements. I also agreed to do one final magickal/energy field workshop on banishing, which will give me three workshops to offer, one on spell crafting, one on the personal energy field, and one on banishing. I agreed to keep my dance class prices at the low level they are right now, and I will be most likely doing Tarot readings through Off the Beaten Path as well, once my day job as completed the winding down process.

So I turned a potential blockage into something positive! I hope the Guardian of the Threshold is pleased with my efforts!!

Is this the beginning of the Rubedo, the Red Phase??!! I think it may be.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment