Saturday, May 15, 2010

Four of Swords reversed/The Magician. In an upright position, the Four of Swords tells of a time of truce or rest after dealing with the stress of the Three of Swords. Because the card is reversed, and combined with The Magician (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Mercury, reason, orderliness, skill; and Beth, house or builder), I am being told that today is a day of action, of choosing to act rather than choosing to pause, and that the actions I will tend to connect with best will deal with tangible knowledge.

My Thoth card is The Devil. Another Major Arcana card!! This one tells of hard work tinged with a bit of obstinacy, obsession or discontent. I need to be careful that they don’t distract me.

My Legacy Card is the Queen of Coins reversed. Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts) of Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), two elements that are passively friendly to each other and support stability. In an upright position, this Queen is the nurturer who strives to make her surroundings comfortable to all. Because she is reversed, I am being told that today it is not my job to focus on making everyone comfortable. This card corresponds with the cusp between Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, scattered) and Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, cunning, competent); while these traits are present, they may not be my main focus today.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number of manifestation and new creations.

My horoscope: “A chance to earn a small amount of money, perhaps by doing a little extra work at home, could come your way today, Sagittarius. You could hear about it through a friend or colleague. A visitor might come to your home, perhaps to help with something that needs to be done. This promises to be a very exciting day, with a lot of stimulation that could keep you occupied into the night.”

Bob’s niece, Lauren, had her bridal shower this afternoon. The weather was beautiful, and we were able to be outside the entire afternoon. Actually, I spent a good amount of time outside today. I woke up, did my dance stretches and my Yoga, and then walked. Then, as I made a fruit salad to bring to the shower, I opened the windows and the back door to let in the air. Lovely day!

I had an interesting meditation last night during my walk. Archangel Uriel has been showing up again, and last night He stood there, holding the golden sword with the three Burma rubies in the handle from my Progressive Magick Pathworking, His eyes glowing like two suns. As usual, He said nothing, and I waited patiently, for when Uriel shows up like this, He usually has some lesson for me.

Sure enough, within my meditation I soon saw a fireball of a huge meteor falling at an angle from left to right, across the sky behind Uriel, leaving a trail of smoke and sparks. This was not the first time that Uriel had shown me a meteor hitting the earth, within a meditation. The meteor hit, and the ground buckled. First came a loud explosion, and then a shock wave of smoke and flames roared past, setting everything on fire. My view drew back so that I was seeing the entire planet, and I watched as the firey shock wave spread out from the impact point. I watched the earth burn; I knew that much time was passing, as if a movie was being fast forwarded, and the fires raged.

Soon smoke billowed upward into the far reaches of the atmosphere, dark smoke at first, but after some time the smoke became lighter. My view moved downward back to the surface, which was crisped black and still smoking. Nothing appeared to be alive; everything was destroyed.

As I stood and looked at the devastation, it began to rain. At first, steam rose up from the still hot ground, but eventually everything cooled off. Once the rain had cleared away most of the smoke, and once the steam collected into rain clouds and then fell back down to the ground, the air began to clear. The sun appeared through the steam and fog, and there below me, pushing its way past the cinders and ashes of all that used to be alive, was a newly sprouted plant. Life had reappeared.

The sprout grew as I watched, into a sapling and then a huge tree. Soon, other saplings appeared, children of this first tree, and forests returned. Waterfalls created pools, which were soon teeming with life. Before I knew it, the burned out cinder that was our world had become verdant and green and alive!

I watched Cernunnos walking through the forest, surrounded by birds and rodents and deer, as predators hunted; but there were no humans. Cernunnos walked and looked around, and then shook his head. All of this healthy life, all of the cycles of birth, life, death, rest and rebirth were cleansed and once again working as they should, but something was missing. I followed Cernunnos as he walked along a path, down into a gulley and across a stream, then back up and continuing through the forest; He paused at the edge of a grassy meadow, and then continued forward, bending every so often to pick some of the blue and lavender asters that were growing amidst the grasses.

Finally, He came to Danu’s altar; He lay His flowers aside and then gathered the dried and used up offerings from the altar, placed them on a charred spot on the ground before the altar, and took some flint from a pouch at his belt. Soon, the used up offering burned, and Cernunnos used one stem with a flame on the end of it to light the creamy pillar candle on the altar. Then He picked up his fresh flowers, and laid them reverently on the altar, and waited.

Soon enough, She appeared, dressed in white, with Her rich brown hair pulled back from her face and streaming down Her back, a warm and loving smile on Her face. She walked up to Cernunnos and for a moment they stood, and looked into each other’s eyes. He reached up and caressed Her face, and then leaned down and kissed Her.

Instantly, soft and gentle reverence ignited into passion, and Their bodies pressed together as Their arms wrapped around each other. Soon, They began to blur as Their energies, the Sacred Feminine of the Goddess in the creamy white of the full moon and the Sacred Masculine in the gold of the sun, twisted and laced together.

Suddenly, a fireball shot skyward; like a firecracker, it exploded and shot sparkling seeds of life in all directions. Those silver and gold sparkles spread through the upper reaches of the atmosphere, and as rain began to gently fall, the seeds of life were brought back to the earth.

Within moments, I saw a face, a human face, peeking out from behind a tree.

What really struck me about this vision is that first, life is eternal. Again and again, our world will be cauterized, but life will return, better and stronger and more lovely each time. Second, I can distinctly remember how the world felt once that life had returned in all its glory, but before humans were a part of this life. Something had been missing. We are an important part of the cycles of this world, despite the fact that many of us humans have no respect or reverence for the cycles of life. Every form of life that has evolved here has a purpose, and while we are not the only important life form, or the most important life form, we are a part of the life on this world. This knowledge gives me hope.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment