Thursday, March 25, 2010

Queen of Pentacles/The High Priestess. Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts) of Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes) and The High Priestess, who also corresponds with the element of Water (as well as the Moon, feelings, illusion and imagination; and Gimel, the camel, and hidden knowledge). After the craziness of the past weeks, today I just might feel the beginnings of a “reconnect” to my core center.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Disks. “Prudence,” today, and I am being told that sometimes the best action is no action at all. This card tells of being easy-going yet stable, and while no action is required, it also tells of the importance of putting away for a rainy day.

My Legacy card is the King of Pentacles reversed. In an upright position, Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts) of Earth, and the ability to easily and skillfully deal with the outer and active aspects of the physical realms. Because this King is reversed and because his Queen has also appeared in my thrown cards today, I am seeing this card as pointing at his Queen, deferring to his Queen. Instead of boldly and confidently taking charge of the issues within the physical realm, I should be striving to understand them.

My 6-digit date number for today is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces to the number 2, Balance, and the beginnings of manifestation.

My horoscope: “A lot of paperwork, perhaps involving contracts, could lead to financial gain on the job, Sagittarius. You could make or save some money for your employer, which could prove important. Expect some sort of acknowledgement or recognition for your efforts from superiors, which could lead to advancement or a possible raise. However, there may be some delay with regard to the latter. Don't expect it right away.”

What's up with the big typeface on my last post? LOL!

Well, my Patroness and Patron are right, these have been challenging times. Work is absolutely insanely busy, and I have been putting in some overtime (and the extra $$ will go toward my BOS and my Thai Massage mat). My Sacred Mists responsibilities are ramped up a bit, temporarily. And I have been questioning my ability to respond to certain challenges with continued compassion and calm. Through the upheavals and resulting discomforts, I keep telling myself my son Brian’s tenet of life: “If it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger.” LOL, no pain, no gain.

I feel as if I am floating in a river, wearing a life vest. The river, which started years ago as a mere trickle of clear, cool water, twisting and dancing between water-smooth rocks, sometimes gathering into a pond before overflowing and moving on, and sometimes dropping quickly down a cliff, has gradually become a steadily moving force, with all the water pretty much moving in unison. Smooth and powerful trip! But suddenly, this force of Nature that is moving water joins with another river of equal force yet moving in a different direction! The result is vortexes and eddies and whirlpools, some of which slingshot anything floating in the water suddenly forward in the right direction, offering impetus through energy release, but others of which grab hold of anything floating in the water and pull it downward to the dark depths, washing away any hope of escape like a churning washing machine washes away soil and stains.

While it is frustrating and tiring to be met with challenges and blockages at every turn, it is interesting that I am making it through all of this without spending much time on the “pity potty.” I do feel the presence of my Patroness, Danu, almost constantly, and I cannot forget the words of Cernunnos, “You belong to Us . . . We are with you.” Yes, Archangel Uriel has taken up quietly lurking in the corners again, watching me with His golden eyes, which means that the challenges and struggles are probably going to ramp up before they ebb away, but my Core Value Anchor is holding, holding strong.

I don’t know what will remain after the storms and floods of change and growth and evolution subside, and I don’t know what will be torn loose and washed away by those upheavals. But I do know this: every single bit of it, from the exhilaration of having done just the right thing at just the right moment, to the tears of anger and hurt and frustration that are the natural byproduct of interacting with strong-minded people, are gifts from the Goddess, manifestations and effects of life and living. Of living full tilt, willingly and openly experiencing all that life has to offer, whether pleasant or uncomfortable, and learning from each extreme and everything in between.

Hopefully, life will slow down just a bit, The Fog will dissipate, and I will be able to take inventory of what survived the storm, soon enough. Until then, I am hanging on to my life vest and keeping my head above water. And getting together with my much-loved Pagan Brain Trust, which will certainly recharge my batteries.

$

6 comments:

  1. See that's the thing about change. It comes in massive waves along the river which was calm not 5 minutes ago.

    These blockages and challenges are indeed making you stronger and pushing you along towards your own Great Work. I have an inkling of that but it's only an inkling. Mine is so all consuming lately that I don't know what to do aside from walk my Great Work. lol

    What remains after the storms? You. Bared before the world around you. Stronger, Wiser.

    Much love to you dear sister. How I wish we were closer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! You always say just the right words, at just the right moment. It is indeed a wild ride this time, but what's different is that this time I'm not afraid. I am eager to see what I "am" once the storms pass. The process of Transformation, and attaining Balance, is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what Raushanna? You are absolutely amazing and I love you.

    What Lilyth said is true, and I'd like to add to it by saying that the turbulent waters are often extremely cleansing. What lies after them is a pure, crystalline pool of clear water that is waiting there to support us gently and heal us as we absorb the learning and growth we've experienced riding the waves.

    All is not calm in every corner of our existence and we embrace the challenges with our whole hearts, leaning on those closest to us to support us as we do the work we have been called upon to do.

    You, my dear sister, are an inspiration and my life is better for you being a part of it!

    My love to you always,
    - Lady Raven

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dearest Lady, thank you for that vision of the crystalline pool of healing water. I am not quite ready for it yet, but I am feeling more serene, knowing that it is just around the next corner, surrounded by newly leafed trees and Spring flowers.

    Much love to you as well, My Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and beautiful visual to go along with the calm after the storm. I think perhaps I will use the same in my current uproar to try and find that pool while IN the storm to center and stay grounded in NOW.

    I love you both muchly you are a huge blessing in my life and I am thankful everyday for both of you.

    ReplyDelete