Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Knight of Swords/The Tower. Oh, boy. Sounds like it is going to be an interesting day. I am being reminded that while sometimes problems get solved through an objective and emotionless approach, there are dangers to be guarded against. If we plunge forward with narrow sights and without a care for the feelings or needs of others, things might get ugly, ugly as in a total breakdown. The Tower corresponds with the element of Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes), the planet Mars (action, aggression, spontaneity) and the Hebrew letter Phe (mouth or speech). Looks like I had better also be careful what I say.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups. Soft, dreamy awareness for today. I may appear lazy to others, but that is not a true perception of me today. I am not lazy, I am simply enjoying every moment.

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed. Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes) of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts), and the season of Winter (Capricorn (“I build”), Aquarius (“I know”) and Pisces (“I believe”)), and the concept of being a student and learning are all brought to me by this Page today. I need to see the events of the day, even the difficult or challenging ones, as lessons.

I have a little bit of everything today, Air, Fire, Earth and Water. But I don’t sense that the day will be harmonious; more like “churning.”

My 6-digit date number is 8, the response to the beginning of degeneration of the 7. The energies of the number 8 move toward resuming the balance of the number 6, but because all life is in motion, that balance will not return within this cycle, and the 8 will fall short.

So much upheaval of late. I just found out that my neighbor, Marie Senior (Marie’s daughter also lives very near our house, and her name is Marie also), who had a massive stroke on Sunday night, passed away last night. I have been thinking of Marie Senior since last evening, and I sent her Reiki both yesterday morning and this morning. I feel Marie Senior’s energy field quite clearly today. Could that be because she has left her broken body behind?

I also had a lot of trouble booting up my computer this morning; LOL, some update must have been loading. Norfolk Botanical Gardens staff members were banding the three eaglets at 9 am, and of course I missed most of the procedure because I could not get onto the internet for almost an hour. But I did see the eaglets get put back into the nest; they are napping now. Mom and dad have not returned yet, but they were seen flying overhead during the banding process, and since the babies are old enough to be left alone for several hours, the people at NBG are not concerned with their absence.

There have also been some sudden changes within the Student Council again. I think that this will be the last sudden adjustment the Council will be making for a while. We certainly are “lean and mean” at this point, but as of our last Meeting, we seem to be pulling together as a group and lovingly and compassionately supporting each other as we all work towards keeping Sacred Mists the awesome spiritual sanctuary that it is.

I have learned several important lessons out of today’s changes within the Council. First, no matter how difficult someone can be to deal with, I am only responsible for my own actions and responses. Second (and this ties directly in with the previous statement), sooner or later the truth will find a way to be told, and if I have trouble coming up with another reason to take the high road, this one works well. To me, my spiritual path rests on a tripod, the legs of which are Knowledge, Wisdom and Compassion/Love. My Goddess expects that I live through these three tenets, equally, and She in turn judges me, my life and my choices through their essences. I try always to associate myself with people who feel the same way. I am very lucky that I have been successful in this regard. Love and hugs to you, and you know who you are. *wink*

I actually feel pretty good today at this point, despite the influences of The Tower upon my day, and the hurt and anger that were experienced by those who I love and respect. I am optimistic that I will be able to make the transitions needed to continue meeting my responsibilities at Sacred Mists, now being shared with a different Council Member, and I even did some work on the ritual Mystery and I are creating, and I have about 1300 words written of my next submission to Luna Station Quarterly. Now, all I have to do is get my Runes burned, and I will be happy. Even despite The Tower, or maybe because of it.

Blessed be!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment