Sunday, February 26, 2012

Six of Wands/Justice reversed. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge.  This is not an ending card, so the tests and challenges aren’t finished with me, but so far, the results are good, and I should feel proud of my accomplishments.  Justice is a card of adjustment, and it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed), and is about cause and effect.  Since Justice is reversed, this will not be a day of using what I’ve learned in order to move forward.  I may have trouble feeling mentally engaged in meeting my responsibilities, also.  Maybe celebrating too much **wink**

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups reversed. “Love” is Uncle Al’s keyword for The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody), which is about love and connections, usually about relationships and commonalities.  My Two of Cups is reversed today, and this may indicate a need for solitude, maybe even taking some time to just think about myself.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Cups reversed, flavored by the Two of Swords reversed. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction and dissipation that happens when we have too many options.  My Seven of Cups card is reversed, though, so choices will be made, with an ability to know what I want and with serenity.  The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  My Two of Swords is reversed today, so I will be able to look at and analyze the facts.  This ability to see and understand is what is flavoring my Seven of Cups; no wonder I am able to make effective choices!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of stability and depth.  Watch out for stagnation!

My horoscopes: “You’re usually a hard worker, Sagittarius, whether the work involves a job, personal project, or simply chores around the house. Today, however, you're going through a fit of laziness. Chances are you don't want to do a thing except lie around and read or watch TV. It's OK. We all need time to let our hair down and relax. Don't suffer undue guilt because you don't feel like working.

And: “If you have been wanting to get involved in some type of volunteer organization, today may be the day you sign up to support a worthy cause. Whether it's Habitat for Humanity or Save the Whales, you realize that working to better the planet has been an important element missing in your life. Life glows all the brighter with your new altruistic outlook.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Seven of Wands.  Faith, courage, and taking a stand, all ingredients of the Seven of Wands.  Having something of value means possibly having to defend it from others with ill intents.  Sometimes I even need to defend that thing of value from myself!

I saw a beautiful sunset this evening.  The wind of the past few days has finally died down, and the sky is clear.  I left the house about an hour before sunset, walked to Madison Avenue and then down to the ocean, where I turned south.  It was low tide, and the water was so gentle.  I walked along the hard damp sand, inhaling clean ocean air and enjoying the feeling of my muscles warming up.  Yay, metabolic discipline!

As the sun lowered to the horizon, I thought of my beloved Pagan Brain Trust-ers, two of whom are recovering from a particularly nasty bout with food poisoning.  I soaked up the beauty of the blue sky, the Belt of Venus in the east and the orange ball of fire that was the sun as it first touched and then sank into the sea.  The waxing crescent of the Moon became bright as the sun disappeared, and there they were, Venus and Jupiter, one above and one below the Moon, creating a powerful triangle.  Venus, the planet of love and emotions and Jupiter, expansion of the mind, with the waxing lunar energies, lighting up the sky.  What sigil work we could have done, Tara!!

It was full dark by the time I got back to the house.  I have poured myself a glass of wine, and plan on sitting by the fireplace and reading for a bit.

I am reading an interesting book that is kind of validating some of my progress through the Great Work.  This book is “Extraordinary Healing: Transforming Your Consciousness, Your Energy System, and Your Life” by Marilyn Gordon; thus far, the book is talking about the three stages of healing, presented in this book as experience, release and transformation.  One paragraph early on kind of struck me:

Every experience carries a richness and has value.  Paying close attention is the first step in the process of self-knowledge.  It is a process of looking with an inner microscope or magnifying glass and just seeing what’s there.  It’s about looking, for example, at current experiences that are taking place in the body – pains, constrictions, tingling, holding – whatever is happening in the moment.  It’s also about looking at the mind and emotions – seeing whether there is sadness or rage or tightness or shame.  It’s about looking even more deeply at the experience, possibly finding the roots.  The roots may be in childhood, or they may go all the way back to the womb.  Or they may go to another lifetime, or to a belief or a tendency of the mind.

The way to the light is through the darkness, the way to the solution is through the difficulty.  I am learning through the Great Work, and through the life experiences that are presenting themselves to me so that I may understand the lessons of the alchemic processes, that every experience is important.  Even the uncomfortable ones.

Marilyn Gordon sums this concept up nicely: “It is about diving into the full experience of the dual universe – the dark and light, the sacred and profane, the sensitive and gross – and moving into knowledge, love and profound inner power.  By moving into these altered dimensions, you find perceptional shifts in which you see everything in your life from a new perspective.  It may mean, for example, that you see everything that has happened to you as a kind of blessing to help you become a wiser, more compassionate human being.  It may mean that you see someone who’s hurt you as a powerful agent of change in your life and who has perhaps propelled you to seek higher ground.

And: “This inner work is about going to the deepest roots of our suffering, stirring the pot and bringing them to the surface, shining the light of consciousness upon them, thereby transforming them and bringing greater freedom to the soul.  This is the work we came here to do, the great healing of our lives.

The Great Work, and Purpose.  There they are, again.  I feel a build-up happening, I feel some revelation coming.  I can’t wait to see what it is.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment