Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Knight of Cups/King of Wands reversed. The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly, and about dreaming.  These two are a powerful combination, and together, they just might be able to accomplish magick!!   At least, this Knight thinks so.  The King of Wands (cusp of Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, moody, and Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic egotistical) is charismatic and forceful, but in an admirable way, a way that empowers himself and everyone around him. He is a natural leader who not only creates new strategies, but puts them into effect.  He is reversed, however, and so those strong feelings and dreams aren’t going to be much help.

My Thoth card is the Knight of Wands reversed. The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy.  Kind of like my King of Wands, only the Knight is not quite as good as the King about maintaining what he starts. I will need to keep an eye on my enthusiasm today, so I don’t run someone over.

My Legacy card is the Two of Wands reversed, flavored by the Four of Swords. The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) tells of power, influence and authority, and like the rest of my Wands cards today, it is reversed.  I may feel cut off at the knees today, or like my power has been taken from me. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) tells of the need of some time of rest and recuperation, usually to be brought about by a time of truce or pause or quiet. This card is not a card of weakness; rather it is of equal yet opposing powers.  The Four of swords is more a temporary pause, and since it is flavoring my reversed Two of Wands, it is telling me to not freak out when I feel my power being taken from me.  Relax!

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, the number of polarity, balance, and the concept of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Careful planning on your part is starting to pay off, Sagittarius, but be careful that you don't alienate others in your quest to be the best. You may not realize how your harsh words affect the people around you. Be more sensitive to the feelings of others. Focus and be brave in your actions. Hesitation may cause you to lose control of the situation. Know your boundaries, but push beyond them.”

And: “You generally tend to be intellectually curious, with many interests you're always trying to learn more about. Today, however, you could have a subject in mind you're dying to research - but you'll be unable to find any books, articles, websites, etc., no matter how many libraries you try or databases you explore. Don't bother with it today. You'll only succeed in frustrating yourself. Instead, watch an old TV comedy rerun. At least you'll get a few laughs!”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Lovers.  Aaaah, the card of Love!  And while this Major Arcana card does usually refer to some kind of important relationship, it is also about determining values, and about struggling with choices, usually regarding temptation and ethics.  All these things are important to me today.

I have a good life; I am serene and filled with Purpose, and a deep and strong connection to Deity.  Oh, don’t get me wrong, my life is not void of challenges.  They come with regularity, some little irritations and some huge mountains or endless canyons blocking my way.  But I have found a solid foundation, and thus, I am not easily shaken.

I am learning and growing, and I am loving it.  I get excited when I learn something new, and I get excited when an opportunity presents itself to share these new things with others.  I am fed by my connection to Nature, and I am surrounded by loved ones.  I may not have much money, but I am indeed rich.

I have come to realize that not everyone looks at life the same way I do.  And I have stumbled upon the reason that The Tower has appeared in my daily card spreads eight times since the end of November. 

I know you come here.  If you don’t come yourself, you have others come, and I hope they give you this message.  And it is a simple one, three simple words: let it go.

Why would you ever strive to keep a grievance alive for all this time?  This happened four years ago!!  Four years!!  No matter how you remember this event, and no matter how you perceive my role in the manifestation of this event it is very much a part of the past.  It is no longer a part of our lives; like a piece of colorful printed cloth that was washed in bleach and then left out in the sun to dry, this event of so long ago has faded for us, and is no longer a part of our “present.”  And yet, you still carry this grievance with you, like a large drawstring laundry bag filled with dirty, smelly clothes, and you grasp that bag tightly and heft it onto your shoulder so that you can bring it with you into your present and your future.  And that bag is heavy, and smelly, and awkward; it takes lots of effort and lots of focus for you to keep it in place.  Why would you waste time and effort on this?  Throw the bag down!  Free yourself from it.  Let it go.

Keeping a grievance alive for all this time is difficult; grievances are hungry and they need to be fed constantly.  And the way you keep a grievance alive is you feed it time.  Just think about it.  In order to feed this grievance and keep it alive while we have all moved onward and focused on growing and evolving, and on living our lives that are gifts of the Goddess to each of us, you have been feeding seconds and minutes and hours and days and weeks and months and years, four years of time, to this grievance that is so important to you.  Four years is 1,460 days, days that could have been spent using your considerable intellect on growth and evolution.  Instead, you have wasted this time that could have been better spent on the present, or the future, on a past event that is meaningless.  Let it go.

It is time to move on.  This is over, in fact it is more than over.  Let it go.

Let it go . . .

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment