Saturday, February 11, 2012

Seven of Wands reversed/Queen of Wands reversed. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish), which is a significant card for me in its own right.  In an upright position, this is a card of assertion, of being sure of what I stand for, and going after what I want, but my reversed card is telling me that at least for today, action may not be the best course.  Perhaps the moment is not right, or perhaps I am not to lead the way, but rather to work with a team or allow someone else to determine the path. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic and enthusiastic, gives 100% of herself, and always has a smile on her face.  She decides what she wants, and then she goes out and gets it, another active card.  But my Queen is also reversed, validating the message of the Seven of Wands.  I need to turn the volume down a bit, so that I don’t lose sight of the quieter or softer messages.

My Thoth card is the Three of Cups reversed.  “Abundance” is the keyword for the Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody).  This card is about blessings, but not blessings of the physical world.  It is reminding me that love and connections to others are all I need.  And if I visualize happiness, I will attract it to me!

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups reversed, flavored by the Eight of Coins reversed. The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); in an upright position, this Page is very emotional, dreamy, social, and connected to his intuition. Because my Page is reversed, I am being told that feelings and emotions may not be my friends today.  My reversed Page of Cups is being flavored by the reversed Eight of Coins. The Eight of Coins (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) in an upright position is about taking care of details, working hard, and studying or learning new things, but it is reversed, so I am also being told that I may not be effective if I focus on details.  Okay, then, sounds like I need a quiet day.

All reversed cards! I usually pull a clarification card in this case, and I will use my Llewellyn Welsh Tarot.  The card I threw is The Lovers! The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of union and of personal choices.   The Lovers is about duality as well as about unions, and about feelings, but not Watery feelings.  The element associated with this card is Air, so the feelings associated with this card are not related to the physical senses, but rather to the mind and to the spirit.  Here is a worthy focus for me today!

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause, and the possibility of a crossroad, that appears when growth ends and degeneration begins.

My horoscopes: “Taking the easy way out won't tempt you in the least today, Sagittarius. This isn’t to say that you usually favor this approach, by any means; yet it's safe to say that everyone is tempted from time to time. Not so for you, though, as the planetary aspects are giving you the strength to take all of the necessary steps, however long they may be. Stand your ground if a partner tries to convince you otherwise

And: “When it comes to matters involving love and romance today, you might find that things aren't exactly going the way you might like them to. It could be that you are waiting for your partner to make the next move since you are unsure of which way the relationship is progressing. At the same time, however, it may be that your partner is the one waiting for you. Keep the lines of communication open and stop playing confusing mind games.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Cups.  I just love this card.  Like The Lovers, this is a card of connections, however these connections are usually not one-on-one, but rather regarding a group.  This card is about friendships, about community, about teams, and about being able to rely on everyone else in the group.  This kind of connection is necessary to us all.

I took a long, absolutely wonderful walk on the beach this afternoon, after spending the morning taking care of Coven responsibilities.  What a glorious day, gray and drizzly and snowy; yep, perfect weather for today.  The sky was gray and overcast, and there was a light breeze that sent the drizzle, sleet and fat snowflakes dancing.  The ocean was calm, at low tide, and the waves gently slid up onto the beach and then receded. 

I was dressed for the weather, so I really enjoyed the cold Winter air and the light breeze.  I walked past shells and rocks, and the foam of the sea.  Out just beyond the breakers, a par of cormorants braved the chilly waters, diving for lunch.  There were two or three gulls sitting out on the far end of each jetty I walked past, as if they were patiently waiting for the tide to come back in.  And the air was heavy with that damp, briny fragrance that I love so much!

I felt cleansed by the cold air, by the sight of the calm sea and the sound of the waves.  I felt strong and serene, despite the unrest in my life of the past few weeks.  And of course, due to my practices of conscious metabolic discipline, my muscles were singing and my energy body was pulsing and warm and clear.

Perhaps I felt this way because of that unrest bombarding me. Everything has been stirred up and turned over, both in my physical world and my spiritual life.  Dust bunnies have been sent scurrying, and I have up-ended my metaphysical backpack, dumping its contents onto the ground.  I’ve gone through it all, discarding the lint and the broken, unidentifiable pieces.  I’ve hefted everything else, one at a time, deciding if each item was worth carrying along with me.  If the answer is yes, the item goes carefully back into my metaphysical backpack.  If the answer is no, the item is left carefully alongside the Path, just in case someone else can make use of it. 

This is the process of the Great Work thus far.  And unless I experienced the recent upheavals, with their tears and anguish and anger and fear, I would not be certain that the choices I had to make were important.  I would not know for certain what was important to me, and what no longer served a purpose in my life.   

This stage is called Separation because that is literally what I am doing.  I have broken everything open, separated the parts, and examined all the contents.  Now I carefully determine what things have survived the chaos of Calcination and the Nigredo Phase intact and still working, and what things have broken or warped under the stresses of these processes.  This takes awareness, this takes the perfect balance of action and reaction, of choosing by becoming aware of the personal essences of those things being considered!

As I sit here before my computer, with a candle burning and the sound of the wind, no longer gentle, as it roars through the trees, I realize this is my goal at least for today.  Finding the perfect balance of action and reaction.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment