Friday, January 20, 2012

Eight of Cups reversed/Nine of Swords reversed.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) tells of an ending or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions.  This card is reversed, though, and today may not be a day for endings.  Perhaps my emotions are not to be trusted today.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused.  My Nine is also reversed, so the worry represented by this card will not be worth worrying about.  **wink**

My Thoth card is the Queen of Disks reversed.  The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She is a Minor Arcana version of The Empress, and she is reversed today.  I need to remember that the details are not the important focus, and I should be open to learning about new methods. 

My Legacy card is the Nine of Coins reversed, flavored by The Chariot.  Whew!  I thought all my cards were going to be reversed again.  The Nine of Coins (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is a card of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline.  It is reversed, so I am being told that perhaps I should try unusual methods, rather than using proven procedures.  This card could very well be supplementing the reversed Queen above.  Looks like today is not my day to access physical world tools, or listen to the messages of my physical senses.  The card flavoring my reversed Nine of Coins is The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), and tells of having the emotional control necessary to steer myself in order to arrive at a specific place.  This card is telling me that while I may wish to suppress the workings of my mind and of my need to stick with tried-and-true methods, I should not throw out the baby with the bath water and suppress my emotions too.  No endings should be attempted, per the message of my Eight of Cups, but that does not mean that no emotions should be allowed.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “Recent career advances may have you wondering where to go next. You could be considering taking some time off to travel or perhaps advance your education. You aren't likely to want to rest on your laurels, Sagittarius. Striving to reach new horizons is important to you, and today is the perfect day to consider what horizons are the most critical to you now. Nonetheless, it's important to be sure. Don't feel the need to rush into anything just yet.”

And: “A powerful desire for vast changes in your life could have you thinking in terms of travel, Nanci, or perhaps even relocating to a distant state or foreign land. Friends who live far away could be trying hard to induce you to join them. This is not a minor decision, and therefore requires careful thought. Though you might be tempted to act on impulse today, discipline yourself to wait for a while. In a few days, you'll know if the change is right for you.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Cups.  Nice card image!  This Queen is sheer poetry in motion.  She listens to her own intuition and to the voice of her heart, and she honors the elements and the stars because they have been around forever and are filled with knowledge and wisdom.  She offers her message through the medium of creativity and the arts.

Two days ago, on the 18th, I stated: “The Fire of Calcination can be experienced as the metabolic discipline or aerobic activity that tunes the body, burning off excesses from overindulgence and producing a lean, mean, fighting machine.”  Since the Nigredo Phase is usually the longest and most difficult part of the Great Work, I think I will try out whatever it takes to possibly move things along.  This includes exercising the physical body.

This tuning of the body is important to this process for several reasons.  Metabolic discipline brings renewed vigor to my physical body while getting rid of excess weight and toxins, thus creating an optimal physical vehicle and in turn, optimal energy field.  After all, our energy field uses our physical body as a vehicle and since the energy field is irrevocably infused into the physical body (in other words, the physical body cannot live without the presence of the energy field), the condition of the physical body can affect the condition of the energy field. 

This metabolic discipline is also effective for raising and cleaning out subtle body, for clearing and increasing mind-muscle connection, for reaffirming my ability to connect to and work with my energy field, and because these processes cleanse and purify and strengthen my own energy field and thus, raise it upward, opening a clearer channel to interaction with Deity.

Sounds easy, right?  Well, go back and read my favorite visualization of the Calcination process from yesterday.  “I think the visualization that works best for me here is that of physical Calcination applied to metals.  If we apply intense heat to metals, they melt into liquid form.  Add a bit more heat, and any impurities in those metals extruded or separated from the pure metals and then float to the top of the liquid.  Often these impurities are oily or odorous.  However, as ugly as these impurities look in this form, they are now easily separated from the pure metals.”  Think for a bit about how much heat is required to melt metals.  Ouchie!  This means that in order for me to get “deep down clean,” I’ve gotta experience some pretty hefty turmoil in order to reach the point of “melting metal.” 

And the best way to clear the mind and relax the body so I can effectively deal with that turmoil?  Going for a nice, long walk.  Metabolic discipline!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment