Tuesday, January 17, 2012

 Five of Wands/Five of Cups. The Five of Wands, which corresponds with Saturn (discipline, responsibility, law and order) in Leo (“I am, passionate, dramatic, egotistical), indicates a struggle caused by annoying cross purposes. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of emotional down time, a setback or a lack of support. Ugh, these two cards together certainly don’t foretell a clarity of the mind or the heart.  Hassles, rejection, isolation and resistance. 

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups reversed.  “Love” is Uncle Al’s keyword for The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) is about love, usually about relationships and commonalities.  My Two of Cups is reversed today, and I may have trouble finding clarity and connections that work for me today.

My Legacy card is The Empress reversed, flavored by The Sun. The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is reversed for me today, and so I am being reminded that focusing on pleasing the senses and on achieving material reward may not be productive. The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and tells of a time of enlightenment. This card is a masculine card, focusing on outer activity, and since it is flavoring my reversed Empress, I am being told today that my focus should not be on pleasing my own senses.  There are good things to be achieved today and anything accomplished will bring acclaim to me.  But I should not sit back and enjoy this acclaim because it won’t be here forever; instead, I need to make use of it.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number of new creation from the potential of the Ace, and the balance, polarity and “distance between” of the two.

My horoscopes: “New information regarding opportunities for career, business, and personal expansion might shake up your value system today, Sagittarius. This is a positive development, although it may be a bit disconcerting for you right now. Your life could well take a different turn, starting today. An immediate desire for pleasure could be satisfied by scheduling a romantic dinner with a lover. Forget the changes that are happening for a while and enjoy your evening!”

And: “You need to be more spontaneous, and stop constantly trying to organize other people's lives. If you just try, you'll see that it's not so hard just to let things happen. The unexpected also has its own special charm... you're a slave to routine, that's why you need to take a big bite out of life and to put your trust in chance for a while. The people around you would like to see more originality in your personality. Listen up!”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Three of Cups.  Nice.  This card tells of the pleasures to be had from developing a community of people that can be depended upon and partied with.  Companionship, and friendship, and the celebration of the knowledge that we are not alone.

I am coming off a long weekend with friends.  What a great time we had!  We spent lots of time walking outside, at the beach, at the Cove, at Point Park, at Sunset Beach.  Lots of miles logged and lots of sun and sand and surf.  LOL, a bit cold too, but we were rewarded on our last walk of the weekend by the appearance of a pair of bald eagles at Sunset Beach.  Hmmm . . . I’ve seen a pair of eagles there before; wonder if it is the same two.

Back to reality!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment