Monday, January 9, 2012

Nine of Cups/Ten of Wands.  Wow, talk about extremes.  But then again, maybe not. The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in my feelings and in my expectations for the day.  This card, while of the suit of Cups and thus, about feelings and emotions, brings satisfaction also in the physical world, as pleasure of the senses. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a Fire card, and tells of being taxed to the limit, but this card is related to creative abilities, not feelings or emotions.  The suit of Wands is usually explosive in its manifestation, but this card is telling me that the weight of my burdens is holding back my ability to create.  Perhaps if I connect with my physical senses for a bit??

My Thoth card is the Nine of Swords.  “Cruelty,” and oh boy, I get this one.  Very apropos to the Nigredo. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying.  This card represents the “agony of the mind,” and it is reminding me, getting right into my face and shouting at me, telling me that worry is a complete waste of energy and right now, I don’t have energy to spare.  So no worrying!

My Legacy card is the Seven of Cups reversed, flavored by the Knight of Wands.  A power pair, if I ever saw one! The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with enticing choices. But, my Seven of Cups is reversed today, so I won’t be hypnotized by seemingly attractive choices.  The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy.  LOL, he has his work cut out for him today with these cards, but he is very much up to the challenge.  He may balance out that Ten of Wands nicely, but I will need to be careful, because Fiery energy can be unpredictable.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “It's another fortuitous day for finances, Sagittarius, so be sure to take advantage of any opportunities that come your way. Though, in your usual analytical style, you will be careful first to do a thorough review of the plusses and minuses of the proposal. Much as you benefit from being at your desk today, don't forget to get outside to clear your mind. Be especially aware of any thoughts or ideas that come to you seemingly from out of the blue.”

And: “A partner, either business or romantic, might be in a foul humor today and won't be very likely to tell you why. It won't be all that easy to deal with, but it probably doesn't relate to any trouble between you. Therefore it's best to let your partner work it out on their own. Take care to stay cool and keep a safe distance between you, at least for today. The mood should pass by tomorrow.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles.  I am keeping this card in front of me today, because I want to manifest the message of this Page.  He is seated with his dragon, and believe it or not, an owl (see below), holding out to me the glowing spark of creativity in the physical world.  He is offering, and I am taking.  Thank you!

The Pagan Brain Trust had a Reiki Share last night.  Right before we all got together on Skype, I went into the back yard to soak up some moonlight.  And while I was standing there, I heard the call of a great horned owl!!!  How cool is that??!!  I’ve been listening for owls since I first came to Cape May, and this is the first one I’ve heard.

Our Reiki Share was great, as always.  We each really needed the Reiki, for our own individual reasons, and once we completed the Share itself, there was a huge elevation of mood apparent.  Laughter is indeed the best medicine, particularly when combined with Reiki.

It was actually snowing when I left Cape May this evening, and not just flurries.  But by the time I got north of Atlantic City, the snow had stopped and I was treated to a gorgeous full moon, rising up out of the ocean.  What a treat!

$>

1 comment:

  1. yes! that reiki share was very needed! and i love, now that i can speak of it, the difference between a new moon & a full moon share!

    and once again thank you for this blog, this work you do, and your openess to it all with us at the other end. it is remarkable, informative, and inspiring. as are you all of those things! =)

    ...and now that i have more descriptors for the scene, i LOVE your owl moment! how cool!!!

    big hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete