Friday, January 13, 2012

Queen of Wands/Ten of Wands.  LOL, oh boy, is that a clear message!  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic and enthusiastic, gives 100% of herself, and always has a smile on her face.  She decides what she wants, and then she goes out and gets it   The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is another Fire card which tells of being taxed to the limit creatively, or at least, tells us we believe we are taxed to the limit.  But with that Queen around, I just might be able to find a bit more creativity, hidden away somewhere.

My Thoth card is The Moon.  The Moon corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and talks about the imagination, perception, and fear of the unknown.  This card tells us that things might not be as they seem, but this in itself is not necessarily something bad.  The message of this card is that this is a time when I’ve gotta travel in the dark without being able to see the path I am moving on.  This is an opportunity for me to rely on my own inner light, which won’t be blotted out by the brighter and more obvious lights around me, which will be nonexistent today.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Swords reversed, flavored by the Seven of Cups reversed.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying.  Thankfully it is reversed, and being flavored by the reversed Seven of Cups.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction and dissipation that happens when we have too many options.  I am glad both of these cards are reversed because now, their energies are complimenting each other.  Today, worry about things I can’t change may begin to ebb; I may end up able to focus on more productive things with a clearer mind and a good connection to my feelings.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the conscious and focused response to the beginning of degeneration that is the number 7.

My horoscopes: Have you just bought some new equipment for your home, Sagittarius? This could be a new computer, a state-of-the-art entertainment system, or perhaps a new appliance. You and the other members of your household might spend much of the day trying to learn how to use it, although it could seem rather difficult. Take heart! It looks more complicated than it is. Keep trying, and don't forget to have fun!”

And: “Obstacles may arise in the course of your daily chores when machines break down and interfere with your efficiency. Your frustrations may cause you to want to yell and start throwing things. If you must blow your top, do it in such a way as to avoid causing upsets to others. Go for a workout or jog, or take a karate class. The machines will be fixed and the situation will pass. Hang in there!”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Wands.  This card is reminding me that I have unique talents to offer, and I need to offer them without fear.  My confidence will bring about a self-fulfilling prophecy if I allow myself to shine, and others will support me as I move forward.  This King is also reminding me that I should not shy away from risk; rather, I should tap into the energy of uncertainty so that I can change the direction of the predominant flow so it matches my own goals and intentions.

Note to self: when working with the Great Work, particularly when beginning the Nigredo Phase, be prepared for the things that need to be changed to suddenly become FUBAR. 

Nigredo is about mortification, and mortification is about death.  This first phase begins a process of purification, and oh boy, it does work.  This has been a stressful week for me because I am begin given another boot in the butt: my hours at my day job and my paycheck are being cut again.  Interesting that this happens just as I am beginning to deepen my understanding of Nigredo.

Did I say that Nigredo was about death?  One of the terms for Nigredo is “Caput Corvi,” or “Decapitation of the Crow.”  Now, here is the cool thing about Crow.  It is the left-handed guardian who knows the unknowable mysteries, and it is the keeper of all sacred law.  Crow is also the guardian of magick and healing; Crow will give you the courage to enter the darkness and Crow will initiate the change in consciousness that brings new reality.  And Crow always requires that we talk the talk and walk the walk; we need to learn our Purpose and then stick to it, no matter what.

Death means decomposition; that is the natural result of death, and it is the first step in the cleansing and cooking process of the Great Work.  Sometimes that process of decomposition has already begun and we just aren’t aware of it; well, the Nigredo Phase slaps us upside the head with that cosmic two by four.  Wake up!!!

This is exactly what is happening to me now.  Putrefaction has already begun, even though my conscious mind keeps putting off the process of acknowledging this.  It is time to move on!  It is time to act!  It is time to let go of those things I’ve been dragging along with me, the things I am so done with!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment