Friday, January 6, 2012

Seven of Cups/Judgement reversed. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with enticing choices. The traditional image of the Seven of Cups shows seven cups, each filled with what appears to be a wonderful gift: the Wreath (Saturn and The World); the Castle (Mars and The Tower), the Woman (Venus and The Empress); the Snake (Mercury and The Magician); the Veil (the Moon and The High Priestess), the Jewels (Jupiter and The Wheel of Fortune), and the Dragon (our Sun and The Sun).  Choices, many choices, and the possibility of dissipation of energy as we try to decide. Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and it usually tells of an opportunity to validate the good stuff and get rid of the stuff I don’t need any more.  Unfortunately, today my Judgement card is reversed, and it is telling me not to make any choices today.

My Thoth card is the Two of Wands.  “Dominion” is Crowley’s keyword for the Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic), which tells of power, influence and authority.  This card is about doing things on our own, or making a statement of ownership.  Crowley sees this card as representing Fire in its purest form, and of pure Will.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Cups reversed, flavored by the Eight of Wands reversed. The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) feels things strongly, and is a dreamer.  The upright Knight is able to tame his imagination and make good use of it, but my Knight is reversed, so I will need to keep an eye on my emotions and feelings. The reversed Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering), which is flavoring my reversed Knight of Cups, is telling me that now is not the time for action.  This is confirming my thoughts regarding the reversed Knight of Cups, and the reversed Judgement card.  Today I need to hang tight.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the completion of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position.

My horoscopes: “Put that book down and get out of the house, Sagittarius! You've been by yourself long enough; it's time to start interacting with other people. In addition to having heaps of fun, you're likely to have some encounters that will prove beneficial in the long run. Group situations are great, but don't overlook the pleasures of an intimate one-on-one encounter.”

And: “You may be in quite a party mode today. Feel free to be open and social with the people around you. Take off on a wild adventure that quenches your thirst for spontaneity and fun. Stay up extra late and talk with a friend you haven't seen for quite some time. The time to live is now. Make the most of every moment of your life.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Seven of Wands.  Protecting something we care about from all comers; that is the message of the Seven of Wands.  Simple.  Powerful. 

The first step of the Great Work is the Nigredo, putrefaction.  And I forgot all about the other meaning of the Nigredo: the Dark Night of the Soul.  *gulp*

More tomorrow!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment