Saturday, September 24, 2011

Three of Pentacles/Four of Pentacles. The Three of Pentacles (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, cunning, competence) is a busy little card that tells of competence, planning and teamwork.  Today may be a day with an intense focus on the physical world (ya think??!!) and thankfully some of that focus will involve active planning, combining my own efforts with others, and in the end, getting the job done. The Four of Pentacles (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning), in an upright position tells of possession and control and very solid foundations.  Both of these cards correspond to Capricorn, which is where they in part get their “get-up-and-go,” but the Four has more of a feeling of admiring what I’ve done, which might not be a good thing.  Stopping now might short-circuit the momentum, so while I can certainly use my admiration of my success thus far as a goad to move me onward, if I don’t prod myself with it every so often, it will be of no use.  Perhaps I can also tap into the energies of like-minded people in order to keep motivated.

My Thoth card is Death reversed. The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that happens through the alchemic process of putrefaction, when matter is purified through dissolution, decay and death.  The end result of this process is the readiness for being born again, and because my Death card is reversed, today just might be a day of new beginnings.  However, these new beginnings might not appear logical, at least at first. 

My Legacy card is the Page of Wands reversed, flavored by the King of Coins.  Well.  A bit of Earth energy today, eh? The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tends to be a free spirit who uses assertion and action to attract adventure and excitement.  My Page is reversed, and could be warning me that there is a danger of experiencing some impatience today.  No hissy fits if things don’t go as I want them to go! The King of Coins (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical manifestation; he is about working independently and still being effective.  My King is flavoring my reversed Page, and I just might need his ability to be patient, and to diligently see to the details today.  Hey, the reversed Page of Wands is really my only difficult card, and a bit of childishness will keep me awake, and will counteract the natural heaviness and contraction of all those Earth cards.

My 6-digit date number is 8 the number of the conscious response to the beginning of the degeneration of the number 7 in order to preserve for a bit longer the harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Your intuition and imagination are operating at a very high level today, and you may be inspired to write. However, you aren't likely to have enough ideas or information to actually put pen to paper. There's no rush, though. Take some time to allow the ideas to crystallize and set them down later. Someone in a bad mood may draw you into a quarrel. Brush it off and say you're busy!”

And: “Grab a hold of the boisterous energy of the day and run with it. This is a good time to kick up your heels and have fun. You might find that people are a bit more high-strung than usual, so you will probably find that you need to utilize your ability to go with the flow quite a bit. The more relaxed you are, the more relaxed others will be while they are around you.”

My Shadowscapes Insight today is regarding The Sun.  “From fallow field and verdant vale, from sun-bleached shores with diamond grains, and moonlit trails that trek like veins through mountain, river, past the end where sky is but a ghostly veil that to Beyond transcends . . .” and then the sun rises over the Eastern horizon with a flare of golden light!  The Sun is the star of the day, and it illuminates the darkness and thus, seems to manifest and make attainable the hope that is The Star.  When The Sun appears over the horizon, all is renewed and filled with possibility.  And its warm and yellow light fills me with confidence and a clarity of vision or purpose.  Like any other source of energy, this one is not bottomless, but at the moment of its birth, The Sun’s energy seems potent and eternal. 

What a wonderful weekend this is turning out to be!!  I’ve got bookends PBT!  Thursday evening I spent with three of my much-loved Pagan Brain Trust-ers, and as usual, I am rejuvenated by our conversations.  Today, my god son, Justin, marries his fiancé, Victoria, and I am anticipating a great party with family this evening.  And tomorrow, I attend my very first shamanic fire ceremony, led by Tara, a PBT-er, and Jason, Tara’s mentor. 

I have never been to a fire ceremony, and I am really looking forward to this new experience.  From what I have been able to find on the Internet, a fire ceremony involves the raising of fire energy, the maintenance of that energy at a high level by the shamans leading the ceremony and by those participating in the ceremony, and through that intense fire energy, the presentation of an opportunity for each of us to burn away the old and initiate new growth.  I also read that there is a period following participation in a fire ceremony when opportunities will present themselves to me that will encourage me to translate the intentions presented in the ceremony into reality.  Tara has also warned me of this, and I am building the visualization of my intentions very carefully. 

I have been feeling for some time now that I am changing; my goals are changing, my career is changing, my personal life is changing.  Not all of these changes are pleasant or comfortable, but I have so much trust in my Gods, in Their presentation in my life of things that I need to experience, that I am opening myself to the effects of every change.  The beginnings of physical world manifestations are being born, and I am eager to clear my vision so that I can see them and take advantage of them, and I am eager to light the fire within me so that its light can shine past my physical body, through my aura, and out into the world around me, in order to act as a catalyst to encourage these changes.  And so, I am asking that the veils between who I am now and who I am destined to become be removed so that I can not only see the next step but also have the focus and strength of Will and courage to take it.  Yes, I do understand that what will come to me is what I need, and not necessarily what I want.  But I think that I finally have the courage and the confidence to open myself.  This fire ceremony just might be the catalyst to get things started.  **ducks, winces, and hits “enter”**

$>

1 comment:

  1. I am wondering if the changes in your life are things that I know about, or things that were put in the fire that are to remain Silent, or if there is anything that it would be helpful to share. If so, let me know! I am here if needed. love!

    ReplyDelete