Monday, September 19, 2011

Page of Pentacles reversed/Two of Pentacles reversed.  Well, I guess today is not about Earth, is it?! The Page of Pentacles corresponds with the season of Spring (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, enthusiastic, competitive; Taurus, “I have,” sensual, physical, cautious; and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual, intelligent), and in an upright position it would tell me that I should go out and meet abundance as it approaches, with child-like enthusiasm, rather than holding back.  It makes sense to me that this Page is reversed today, for I am feeling the approach of the season of Fall and its corresponding focuses.  The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows, but because it is reversed, my Two is reinforcing the reversed position of my Page.  Any effort to connect to the energies of Earth may end up being at cross-purpose to the easier flows of Air and Fire today.  While I will be meeting my responsibilities in my Earthly world, my focus should be on rewards and messages that are not of the suit of Pentacles.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Disks.  More withdrawal or blockage of supportive of Earth energies.   And this card has been appearing quite frequently for me this year, six other times, and most of those have been with the Thoth Tarot.  “Failure” is Crowley’s keyword for the Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), which encourages us to look around but reminds us that full potential has not yet been realized, so we shouldn’t spend too much time pausing or looking for signs of progress.  Since my Seven of Disks mostly shows up as a Thoth card, I will think about Crowley’s more negative view of this card.  The energies here appear to be supporting of each other, but in a way they are contradictory.  Disks are about getting things done in an orderly manner, not fast and furious but ongoing, and yet the number 7 is about assessment that is accomplished by pausing.  For me, lethargy always beckons and I agree with Crowley; the heaviness of this Seven of Disks could be a danger.

My Legacy card is the Four of Cups reversed, flavored by the Four of Coins reversed.  Eeeep!!  No Earth, no stability of the number 4, and no self-absorption. The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells of a situation where the pleasure of the senses has in effect anesthetized us.  Thankfully my Four of Cups is reversed today, so I will find myself experiencing integration rather than numbness. The Four of Coins (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation or the deepest self, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, authority, caution cunning), in an upright position tells of possession and control and very solid foundations.  This Four is reversed, too, and flavoring the reversed Four of Cups; along with my first two reversed Pentacles card, it is reminding me that sometimes control is counterproductive, and using tried and true methods only ends up putting us to sleep.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of new creation out of the balance and polarity of the number 2, and the potential out of the number 1.  Look out, world!!

My horoscopes: “An event could find a current or potential love partner paying a lot of attention to others, Sagittarius. You might feel neglected and unloved, as though your friend is doing this to hurt you. This probably isn't the case. Your partner is just trying to be sociable and doesn't realize that it upsets you. Do some mingling. Your friend might have the same reaction as you and come running!”

And: “Stimulating conversation could take place with partners of all sorts, from business partners to exercise buddies to lovers. Some new and useful information could come your way, which you'll want to explore further. This is a great day to execute legal papers, or to enter into any kind of agreement or commitment. It is also a good time to sign up for a class or workshop. Make good use of the energies of the day.”

My Shadowscapes Insight today is regarding The World.  What a beautiful card!  What I like about this one is that while the image presents the traditional meaning of The World, the full achievement of a goal, it also reminds me of the importance of that final moment.  Often we see that time of “graduation” as nudging us forward into the next cycle of growth, but today I am being reminded that the moment of completion, that time of completion of ending yet no initiation of beginning which seems to be gone in an instant, is worth savoring.  It takes the combination of all I have learned so far to enable me to pause on the edge of the knife for even a moment or two, but that is just long enough for me to savor the balance and the connection to all, and to memorize the pause before I begin to strive once again.

Since beginning to read the book “Oneness,” by Rasha, I have been making the effort to be aware of my energy body.  Today I read the words, “You are fully responsible for your vibrational state of beingness in any given moment,” and while I know this to be true, I never before accepted with conscious awareness that this is something I need to be aware of, to act upon constantly.  Then, as happens with more and more frequency, as soon as I accepted with my conscious mind that I am responsible for the constant maintenance of my energy field, the same way I am responsible for showering and dressing each day, I was offered a validation of this realization, and an opportunity to crystallize my own beliefs even more. 

I just finished submitting a second Second Degree Lesson, and I am thrilled.  Thrilled because writing the two lessons is an opportunity to pay back the training I have received thus far at Sacred Mists, and thrilled because the lesson itself, which focuses on advanced Wiccan Ethics, gave me the chance to put into words this very concept.  It seems that the deeper I immerse myself in my Training at Sacred Mists, the more often I find that my Path is validated for me.  Books appear that offer a similar message, often expanding upon the original thought; opportunities to manifest what I am learning appear unexpectedly, out of nowhere.  Is this because of that “superhighway” of information that is ebbing and flowing above me?  I think yes.

I am ready to move on to the next part of The Emerald Tablet: “And all things sprang from this essence through a single projection. How marvelous is its work! It is the principle [sic] part of the world and its custodian.”  This is now perfectly understandable to me.  Goddess and God, the Sacred Feminine and the Sacred Masculine, are Deity, but even They are emanations.  The Source, the purest of sacred energies, not yet even polarized into masculine or feminine effects, is the place from which all life springs.  As a Wiccan, I see this as a constant process.  There will be no end and there was no beginning, no Big Bang that was the absolute start of everything.  There may have been a Big Bang, but there was not “nothingness” before it; rather, the Universe inhales and the Universe exhales but at the moment when all has been expelled from the lungs, the next inhalation begins. 

This most pure and highest vibrating essence is indeed the Principle by which our world functions, for we are a reflection of Its workings.  And It is indeed the custodian of all creation because we are Its reflection, and can be nothing else but Its reflection.  We may be heavier, slower vibrating, more dense, less clear, less illuminated or lit, but we are the same.  Oh my, this is lovely; simple words but the resonance of these simple words fills me to overflowing. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment