Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Three of Swords/Ten of Wands.  The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) has been showing up for me lately. The Three of Swords usually indicates the possibility that logic and the intellect can end up harming either my physical body or my emotions today.  I need to be aware of that possibility, and listen for the first hints of pain or isolation so I can short-circuit the process. The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of the blocking of the creative power of the suit of Wands; instead of the personal power of the Ace of Wands, I may end up expending what little energy I have in order to do the work of another.  The only light at the end of the dark tunnel that is these two cards is that I can use their discomfort as a character builder.  Am I feeling isolated or put upon?  I can change that perception.  Am I feeling tired or burdened?  Perhaps if I take a moment to rest, and I offer myself a pep talk, I will end up the day with a sense of accomplishment.

My Thoth card is Lust.  The Lust card is Crowley’s version of the Strength card (Fire, hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic energy; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical; Teth, sieve or basket, digestion; and the Path between Geburah, the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed, and Chesed, the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), which traditionally tells of emotional endurance and control.  Uncle Al sees this card as representing strong emotions used in a positive manner, such as courage, strength and control, but he also sees this card as representing the use of magickal power.  After all, this card is about taming feelings and emotions, and so is the use of magickal power!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Wands reversed, flavored by the Six of Swords.  Bookends!!  The reversed Ten of Wands could very well be telling me that I’m not taking advantage of an opportunity to test myself.  However, since it is being flavored by the Six of Swords, my Ten of Wands reversed could actually be telling me that I am growing more empowered. The Six of Swords (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause oriented) is about hitting the reset button in order to move away from a problem or blockage.  Logic may not work with the upright Ten of Wands, but the logic and move towards optimism of the Six of Swords supports that same move towards optimism in the reversed Ten of Wands.

More about the Ten of Wands, my Bookends cards.  The creativity that starts as a positive thing in the Ace of Wands becomes an out-of-control monster in the Ten of Wands.  Are we responsible for using our creative abilities?  That responsibility has become a burden.  Are we enthusiastic?  That enthusiasm has drained us dry.  This is an oppressive card, but it can also offer contradiction if it is paired with a positive card, for succeeding in bringing the burden of Wands to their destination may not have a positive ending.  It also tells us of what happens when Fire burns out of control: it takes over the situation and the only way to stop its out of control burning is to let it consume its fuel.  As mentioned above, the stresses of the Ten of Wands are not all bad; they offer us an opportunity to be focused, to work hard, to have courage and perseverance despite seemingly unconquerable odds.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious attempt to restore the harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Be yourself and you can do no wrong, Sagittarius. This is one of those days when you barely need to make any effort to go a long distance. You'll find power at your disposal and confidence in yourself. Feel free to grab the microphone and express your opinions. Your words and thoughts are highly charged.”

And: “You are apt to be somewhat fickle when it comes to issues of love and romance at this time, Nancy. The key for you now is freedom, and the problem with this frame of mind is that it might be misinterpreted. Your partner may think you are simply not interested in anymore. Remind your partner that it is OK to love someone while also needing time and space to do things on your own.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Wheel of Fortune.  We usually see this card in a personal way, or as affecting us personally, but The Wheel can have broader manifestations.  In the Shadowscape Companion, we find this description of The Wheel: “The walls and beauty that artisans create will one day fall, and new structures will rise up on those remains.  And so do the individual fortunes of any one person, on a cycle that may last a day or two, or years on end.  As above, so below!

Again, I am being shown a version of the Principle of Correspondence that is taught in The Emerald Tablet. But The Wheel of Fortune also personifies the Principle of Rhythm, which states that everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.  And through being aware of these cycles, I can not only unite them all, but also use them as rungs of the ladder of growth and evolution.

Okay, I have been up for over 22 hours, since just before 11:30 last night.  I flew the redeye back from the Dominican Republic after a really nice, relaxing vacation with my son.  Got home in time to go to work, worked a full day.  Came home, gave a Vedic Thai-Yoga Massage, and then went to a Tarot meeting online.  I am pooped.  Tomorrow is another day.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment